Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

December 25, 2009

Well Christmas came and went so fast this year :(. I feel like we didn't get to slow down and enjoy it for even a second. I am however grateful for a great Christmas day! After staying up till 3:30 am, the kids tried to wake us up at 7:30. We told them to give us a bit more time to sleep. They came back at 8 am, and we said a little longer. I know we are such mean parents. So at 8:30 we finally said okay. Let the fun begin!! We have a tradition of making the kids wait on the stairs while we make sure everything is ready (camera, video camera, etc.). Then they come down youngest to oldest. They do not get to come down stairs prior to this, so it is a big surprise to see everything under the tree. Also, we do not put presents under the tree till the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve. It used to be out of necessity so the baby didn't unwrap presents. Now we do it because it is so much fun to see just how much there is :).

Here are our kids waiting patiently on the stairs!

The presents under the tree

The stockings all stuffed, and Santa leaves them each a box of yummy cereal.

Dawson opening his big Santa present...

All he asked for was a motorcycle.
Santa brought him a Harley Davidson Power Wheels motorcycle.
When he saw this present he said, "I bet this is my motorcycle"!
He was very excited. Good thing Santa actually brought one.

Brayden opening his BIG Santa gift...

An Electric Scooter... Ya!!!
We had bought him a used one on KSL, that ended up being a piece of junk.
Bummer for us, I am so glad Santa brought him a new one :).

Jada's big present from Santa...

Yes, that is right...a pink DS!!
Good thing Santa brought this for her, because I said I would not buy her
this, because we already have a black one that no one uses.
I am glad Santa came through for her :).

Daxtons Santa gift...

Wow... a new amp!
Thanks Santa for the extremely loud gift :)
Now he thinks he needs a new electric guitar :/
Nothing is ever good enough for musicians!

Good thing we gave him some money to go towards a new guitar!

Dawson was very good to help us all unwrap our gifts. What a good little helper!!

He was a crazy man, whipping around the scissors. We are lucky, no stitches!!

Dawsons pile of gifts...

Dad & Brayden putting the new Harley together.

Dawson sporting his new army gear. He loves to dress up.
He has many different costumes, so this just added to his collection!!

Dawson proudly riding his new Hog!! Watch out world...he is a wild man!!

Brayden with his new treasures...

Brayden and Dax both got air soft guns!
Call us crazy :?

Brayden is so excited for his new scooter! He was especially happy when he could
go out and actually ride it.

Brayden was a little nervous at first, but now he rides like a pro!!

Jada with her gifts...

She is really growing up, so we got her her very own blow dryer and straighter.
They are even turquoise leopard print :) So stylish she is!!

Like I said so grown up, and so stylish!!

Dax showcasing his gifts...

Yes, I am a crazy mom, and bought my son turquoise levis. He has always wanted colored jeans, and I swore I would never let him get any. Then I came across these cheap at Ross, so I thought fine. He will be so excited. Dave thought I was retarded for buying them, but I just knew Dax would be so excited! Little did I know that thankful he has passed up the colored pants phase, and wants to return them! Dave is very happy with this decision, and I will admit so am I!!

Dax helping Dawson shoot his new air soft gun!

Well, here he is... the next big rock star!!
Putting to good use his new music stand, beetles music ("Imagine"), and his new amp!
He really is awesome on the guitar!!

After things had settled down, and everyone was busy with their new gifts, Dawson came down having dressed himself for the day. I could not pass up pictures of this...

So he had put on shorts, but at least he thought to put on a long sleeved white t-shirt under
his regular shirt (which by the way was on backwards).

He did such a great job dressing himself!! I can not believe how independent he is.
What a big boy we have!!

Christmas day came and went so quickly. We laid around most of the day, and watched a few of the many movies the kids got. Oh and napped a bit. Then we went to Grandma Hamiltons for dinner, and to visit with all our family.

It was a great day, and I am so grateful for all our blessings. We truly are very blessed. Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Nielson said...

Fun Christmas! Looks like your kids hit the jackpot :)

The Kohler Family said...

I love reading your posts Melissa! You are such a sweet and fun mom!! Looks like your kids got hooked up for Christmas! Glad you guys had a good one! :)

sinika said...

Wow! What a Christmas! Thanks again for letting Dave help Adam for a minute on your big wrapping night.