Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Day!

January 18, 2009

So, another holiday...another trip to the Dinosaur Museum! I was glad that the kids had a day off from school. It is always nice to have a break from our crazy schedule. Since we have a year pass to the Museum, we tend to spend a lot of time there. The kids never get tired of it. Well Dax is starting to want to stay home, but we got him to come because we met some cousins. We met Grandma Hamilton, Uncle Matt, and his kids Sarah and Emily. This was so much fun to have Grandma and Matt and his kids with us. We do not get to spend much time with them. Also, the two little guys I babysit came. It was quite a group, and lots of fun!!

Back row: Brayden, Bryce, Dawson, Jada, Brady & Grandma Hamilton
Front row: Sarah, Daxton, Emily & Uncle Matt

Same picture as above with me in Matts place!

It was a day full of adventures, but the water and sand area is by far every ones favorite spot in the museum.

Cute girls!

These boys had such a great time!

I got a special treat while we were at this station. There was a guy there that looked so much like my Dad! I just kept staring at him, poor guy. I probably freaked him out. I even attempted taking a picture of him with my cell phone, but it did not turn out :(. So I pointed him out to my mom and brother, but they did not agree with me. They could not see the resemblance like I could. Oh well, I considered it a treat!!

Dawson looks forward to getting his picture on this dinosaur every time we go!

He loves it so much, he made me take another picture with just him on it! Also, the minute Dawson knew we were going to the museum he ran to his room and got his dinosaur shirt grandma had bought for him. He said, "I have to wear my Dinosaur Museum t-shirt". He then made sure everyone knew he had it on!

My mom & Matt

Matt and his daughter Sarah!

Me and my Mom!
(Thanks Matt for helping me get in some pictures. I don't get in very many.)

After the museum, we went to their ice cream shop. This is always one of our favorite stops! I am so sad I didn't get pictures here. It is like an old time ice cream parlor with the bar with the swivel seats. The kids love it. We had such a great day with our family and friends!! The only thing that could have made it better... if Dave could have been with us.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You must be like the best mom in the world! Uh don't tell my mom I said that ;)

rachel said...

Thanks so much for taking the boys, they had such at great time! They haven't stopped talking about it

Amy said...

I love the dinosaur museum! Your kids look like they had a blast! You got lots of fun pics. So cute!