Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bingo...... :)

January 25, 2009

So far so good... I have held Family Home Evening three weeks in a row! I am so happy :). So for FHE this week, we played BINGO! This has been played in my family since I can remember. It was always such a treat when we played for FHE, we would get so excited. Now we play BINGO at every family reunion.

My kids were very excited for BINGO, but I also did a lesson on the pioneers. Daxton just had his kick off fireside for Trek, so I thought it would b
e a good idea to have this as a FHE lesson. They played some awesome video footage at the fireside about the three 18 yr old boys who carried so many pioneers across a freezing stream. I thought this would be a good opportunity to teach my kids about their testimonies, and making sure to always be building and keeping their testimonies strong. It turned out to be a great lesson. I think we will talk about the pioneers often, to prepare Dax for his Trek. I really enjoy hearing the stories of the pioneers also.

Here is Dave Calling out the BINGO! My Dad used to call out some of the numbers in German, so Dave threw out a few made up German numbers :) He was so funny!

Everyone was so intent on watching their cards!

Brayden picking out one of his prizes!

Dax trying to decide which prize to choose!

These were the prizes they won :)
Fiddle Faddle, a book light, glow sticks, twix, gum and soda!

Here are the kids with their glow sticks.
They were a big hit!

Brayden won Black Out!! He was very, very happy :) I was also happy since he would be very distraught if he had not won. He always thinks he never wins, always gets the smallest of everything, gets the short end of the stick.... you know. So here is future proof that you are a winner!! Ha...Ha.... He won his own big bag of Valentines Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!! Good job buddy! We had such a fun time!!

Here is some funny footage of Dawson using his glow stick as a light saber. It was very funny, especially the light saber sounds he was making :).

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hahahaha so cute!! Dave is calling out the BINGO... Oh you mean that Dale Schanze... Oh Okay!

The Kohler Family said...

I'm coming over to your house for FHE! Looks like a lot of fun! I love Dawson's sweet Jedi moves! :)

Marci said...

Come on...you make reading an article from the Friend magazine seem like a really lame FHE. I better start doing a better job! Looks so fun!