Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Finally..... :)

So I am finally getting around to posting about our cruise :). I have been working all day and I am only on day 4 :(. There is so much, and I am not even putting all our pictures on. So I have decided I am just going to post one day of our trip each day for the next few days. So here goes our first day!!
November 6 - 14, 2009

My favorite picture of the whole trip!

Finally.... Dave and I got to take a vacation by ourselves!! Yes, that is right. No kids :). Don't get me wrong, we sure love our kids. However, this was a much needed vacation. We have gone with just the baby, but never by ourselves. We have been married 14 years, so it was about time. WE HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES!!

We went on a cruise with my sister Lizzy and her husband Brian. I never expected it to be so much fun. I guess a large part of that was due to the fact that Liz and Brian are a lot of fun to be with, and we get along very well. They are the best! Our cruise went to Princess Cays (the cruise lines private island in the Bahamas), Grand Cayman, Roatan (Honduras), and Cozumel (Mexico).

I was very nervous to leave, since we have never left all our kids at once. I was especially nervous leaving Dawson, since he can be quite a little stink! We were very lucky to have my brother Lorrin and his wife Tahnee come and stay with the kids. They both work, so I had to find someone to take Dawson during the day. A few of my neighbors helped me out, and I was so very grateful. Believe it or not, all of them said how great Dawson was for them :) Lorrin and Tahnee were awesome with the kids. They all had such a great time. I think they did not miss us at all :(. I guess my tears of concern the night before we left were all in vein. Not that I am complaining.

So on Friday the 6th of November, Dave and I flew to Florida. We went the day before, because Dave was very nervous our bags would not make it if we went the day of. It was very fun to go the day before, we got some alone time in a nice hotel :). The weather was very windy in Florida, because hurricane Ida was hitting out in the Atlantic. Which also meant that we would have some very choppy water and rain almost every day of the cruise. Even with some yucky weather, we had so much fun. The next day Liz and Brian picked us up at our hotel, and we headed out to board our ship!!

Day 1
(at sea)
Dave and I getting ready to board the ship,
(you can just see the nose of the ship to the right of Dave)

Liz & Brian boarding!!

Two very excited couples as our ship was leaving Ft. Lauderdale!

Here are a few pictures of when we first got on the ship:

Two happy sissy's!!

Liz and Brian being oh so sexy!

Our hot men :) Oh...La..La..

Notice the awesome big outdoor screen for movies behind us.
We tried to watch the new Star Trek on night, but none of us lasted very long.
Us old folk were all falling asleep :(.

Sampling our first free food :) Pizza!!

One last picture leaving Florida with the sunset!
We're off for an adventure!!


This is what our rooms looked like. They just move out the night stands, and move the beds together. They put the night stands on both sides of the bed, throw on and egg crate to make it a queen size bed. The rooms were small, but actually not to bad. It was actually very nice having an interior room, because it is pitch black with the lights out. So on days you actually wanted to sleep in it was awesome!

There was a little desk and mini fridge, and behind them was a big closet and the bathroom. Liz said she liked the bathroom because she could sit and go to the bathroom, and do her makeup at the same time :). Ha...Ha... The bathrooms were very small.

Two cheesy sissy's!
The first order of business once the ship set sail, was everyone had to find their Muster Stations. They made you try on a life jacket and reviewed in the event of an emergency info. We had a fun first night of eating, exploring, and relaxing!

2 comments:

Naoma said...

You guys look like you had a blast! So fun, I want to go on a cruise someday...

Nielson said...

How fun! Our cruise was one of our funnest vacations--just so relaxing! And good job leaving the kids--it's necessary :)