Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 2 of our cruise!!

Day 2
(Princess Cays, Bahamas)
Our first breakfast buffet! It was awesome food, very yummy :).
The ship was almost to our first stop!

Getting ready to be tendered over to the island!

This is what Dave looked like everyday :).
He always had all the snorkel gear on his back, he was so good to carry it all
so we didn't have to rent it.

I had to post this picture, because this is a classic Dave pose.
It always makes me laugh so hard!!
This is on a little boat being "Tendered" over to the island.
They call it being tendered when you take a boat, and can not just walk off the ship.
Here is a view of our ship as we were being tendered.

Here are some views of the island as we approached it.
It was so incredible beautiful!!

We've finally arrived!

Our guys going snorkeling!
We layed out while they were out. I have never been snorkeling before, so they finally dragged me in the water and made me try it. Wow...it was so fun!! On this island there is no sight seeing. You just spend the day in the water or sun tanning. They also have a lunch BBQ. We were there from about 10 am to 3 pm. It was just a relaxing day not having to run around trying to see a bunch of sights.

Just a beautiful picture of the white sand, and our ship off in the distance.

At night to eat in the dining hall, you have to dress up. I was not to happy about this, as I was there to relax. Plus, I was not happy about packing an extra wardrobe just to eat in. Oh well, it was fun, and the dining halls are very formal. They pull your chair out to seat you, place your napkins on your lap, and the meal is very very good. It is placed on your plate so beautifully. Being the picky eater that I am, I at the same thing for dinner ever night :). Oh but it was yummy. They were called beef medallions. It was little steaks! Everyone else tried new and different things each night. They loved it!

All showered, and ready to go eat dinner!

"When in doubt... pinky out!"
This picture is for anyone who watches Sponge Bob...
when he and Patrick are trying to be fancy they say, "when in doubt, pinky out."

We learned that they had Chocolate Shakes (unfortunately these were not a free item). As you can see from my face, I was very excited! I love Chocolate Shakes :). Even though they were not free, Liz and I still managed to eat 4 during the remainder of the cruise. I am surprised we didn't gain to much weight. Chocolate Shake finished...equals one very happy girl!
The service on the ship is amazing! There are so many employees every where to get you what ever you want! If you set any dish down, it was gone within seconds, they are all over it.

At night, we would just relax! Oh, we also played the game Minus 5 a lot. We would just sitting in a dining area at night and play, and we ate lots of Peanut M&M's. Dave had the good idea to bring some treats with us on to the ship. It was a good idea since everything on board costs a lot more.Just relaxing!

Another awesome day!

2 comments:

scott, natalie and kids said...

I am so glad that you are posting this. It looks so fun! It makes me want to go on another cruise.

sinika said...

I'm getting so excited looking at your pics Melissa! You guys look so happy and I love the sunset and beach pictures. Thanks for sharing! ;)