Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Valentines 2011

February 14, 2011
This year we got to celebrate Valentines with Grandma Hamilton. She came for dinner, and we watched the movie "Raising Helen". It was such a fun time. Dave barbecued pork chops, and they were sooo yummy. I can not wait for summer to have a real BBQ outside in WARMTH.
Grandma is holding her special valentine that Dawson made her :)
This is Braydens awesome valentines box to collect his valentines. Daxton made it for him. It was way cool.
These are the treats for the kids. I always make a big heart sugar cookie with a package of gum. It is usually waiting for them when they get home from school. Unfortunately, this year I was in charge of Brayden's class party so it wasn't ready till after they got home from school. Dax was pretty bummed. He walked in the door expecting them to be sitting there... nope... not this year. Sorry guys :(
Dawson's valentine for me :)... Dave's was the same but in blue!
We are such lucky parents!!
This year I put one conversation heart on each cookie, and they had to figure out which one was theirs?
Dawson's... bet you couldn't guess this one :)
Jada Babe's
Daxton's
Brayden's... he is dying to get a cell phone so he can text,
so this was perfect for him.
Another gift from Dawson. He is always ressaging (that is how he says massaging) our backs. Once again... we are such lucky parents :)
Grandma's valentine for us... a very yummy pudding cake. Thanks mom I think I gained a few extra pounds from this gift!

3 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Awww....your such a sweet mom! I've never seen sugar cookies that big!

Marci said...

You are so nice to actually make your kids special treats. I just buy my kids some. I love the idea of using the hearts to describe each child.

sinika said...

Those cookies (and the secret codes) are so cute- I might have to copy your idea. :)