Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Getting Our Christmas Tree

December 7, 2010
This year we decided to buy our Christmas tree from a family with a small tree lot, instead of from a big business lot. It was the best decision, the tree was perfect. It lived until after Christmas, when ours are usually dead a week or two before Christmas. I was so happy!
The only draw back was that the trees at this little lot where sitting in 2 inches of mud :(. It was not fun. So I made the kids just hang out while I did the picking. I am such a mean mom.
Jada thought she would help out with tying down the tree :)
The tree was taller than we needed, so Dave cut some off the bottom and Dax cut some off the top. It was the best tree on the lot, so I figured we could adjust it to fit our house :) Take off a little here and a little there, and it was perfect!!
Dawson was so excited!
See how excited Daxton was about decorating the tree...
Jada tried to help Daxton be excited!
I had to put this picture in, because Daxton was actually smiling!
Jada is such a good big sister...
she will always be crazy and have fun with Dawson!

Oh how I love the smell of real Christmas trees! However I am starting to not enjoy the process of putting lights and, and taking it down. This may very well have been our last year with a real tree.

No comments: