Monday, October 18, 2010

Going to Primary and Cleaning the House = Making Sugar Cookies!

October 14, 2010

Dawson has a hard time sitting in Sharing Time with his class. Since I am in the Primary Presidency and sit in the front he always wants to stay with me :(. So to get him to go to class, I promised him we would make sugar cookies. My idea worked, he agreed :). We didn't make them for a few days. One day Dawson just started cleaning the house :). Everyone else just sat there while I cleaned, but without being asked Dawson helped. He really did such a good job! He did not even need to be told what to clean. He just kept cleaning. I was the happiest Mom in the world!! He actually is my best helper around the house. So I decided he definitely deserved to get to make the cookies! So we made them that night. It was fun because it was the kids Fall Break.
Dawson was so excited...
he was the only one who got to actually help make the cookies.
I gave him some dough to play with...
he used almost every baking utensil he could find!
Let the frosting begin!!
Brayden and Jacob
Jada's final product!
This Sunday Dawson still didn't want to go to class, so I promised cookies again :/. It was harder to convince him this time because he wanted to makes sugar cookies again. I can only handle making those once or twice a year, and there has to be a BIG gap in between! So he finally settled on Chocolate Chip Cookies! I better come up with a better bribe, but I was tired of dollar store toys.

2 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

What a fun bribe! Cookies are definately better than dollar store toys anyway!! :)

Nielson said...

Too funny! I can only handle that mess once or twice a year as well :) Maybe bribe him with a story read to him or a game played? Sometimes that works for my kids. Good luck!