Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Couple of Firsts For My Kids....

August 21, 2010
Daxton loves french toast, and decided that he wanted to learn how to make it. I am a terrible mom, and have not taught my kids too much about cooking. So at 14 years old, Daxton finally took matters in to his own hands. He made us all french toast for breakfast. He did a great job!! I had to document this great moment in Dax's life with step by step pictures :).
Dawson was having a hard time waiting for the french toast, so he decided to get himself a piece of bread and butter. This is a first for Dawson. I am a freak about big messes, so I have never let Dawson do much of anything by himself in the kitchen. This time at 4 years old, I finally let him do this by himself! This was a big step not only for Dawson, but especially for me :). You have no idea how hard it was for me to sit back and watch him do this. I already know I am a freak, you don't have to tell me.
Dawson was very proud of his accomplishment!
The finished product!
Yum...Yum.... they were so delicious!! He did such a good job! Unfortunately for Dax, he didn't realize that he will now be responsible for any French Toast that is made in this house :). With such great knowledge, comes great responsibility! Yea for me, I should teach my kids more

2 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Yay for 14 year olds making french toast!! I am SOOOOOO the same way about messes..My kids dont even poor their own milk! We can be freaks together, haha!!

Kelli said...

I need to get me a 14 year old french toast maker!! :)