Monday, November 4, 2013

First Day of School 2013

August 20, 2013
The year I have been dreading is finally here.  My oldest is a senior in high school, and my kids are going to start leaving :(.  I truly can not believe how fast time goes.  My kids have grown up in a blink of an eye.  Okay, enough drama.  The first day of school went great.  I took the day off from work so I could get everyone off to a good start.  I even made cookies for when they got home :)

Prep that took place the night before...
Dax got his clothes for the first day ready...
Dawson took his yearly bath...
Just kidding, I just thought he looked so cute. 
 He loves to use these goggles in the tub :)
Dax and Nick went on their traditional last night of summer long boarding run...
And finally, Dax got everyone's new shoes laced up and ready to go.

Ready or not here we come 2013 - 2014 school year!
Dax, Senior year, 17 years old...
Check out his new Nixon backpack, yep it's awesome!
There goes my senior...
Jada, 9th grade, 15 years old...
Check out Jada's new back pack we found at the Fourth of July booths.  If you look really close you will see a cute owl at the bottom middle.  Jada is in love with owls, so she about died when she saw this.  She just had to have it :)
 
 Brayden, 8th grade, 13 years old...
(okay I lied.  He will be thirteen in 6 days he is, but close enough right :)
They are off...
Dawson, 2nd grade, 7 years old...
Another year at Riverview in the Chinese Immersion program.
Hudson, Dawson, and Ollie 
Dawson with two of his buddies :)
He was a little nervous as he waited to go in because he and Ollie weren't in the same class together. I went and talked to the teacher, and she moved them together.  Dawson was so happy.  He sure loves his best bud Ollie.
Name tag on, ready to go...
Miss Edde (soon to be Mrs. Darling) his Chinese teacher...
Getting everything situated for the new school year...
Miss Olive, his English teacher...
Here they are lookin so stylin and ready to take on the new school year.  Just look at Dawson's face, nobody better mess with him :).  I have really relaxed, if you can't tell look at the length of my boys hair.  Dax is just dying to grow his hair out, and so the other two had to also.  It is so funny to watch Dawson.  He thinks it is so cool to flip his hair to the side.  He is constantly flip his head :).
Well all of them choose some pretty bright shoes :).  Hopefully these awesome shoes will carry them through a great year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I loved all your fun pics...especially the shoes pic...you have the coolest kids! Those shoes were made for walking...in TN!!!! Lizzy

scott, natalie and kids said...

I can not believe Dax is a Senior! Where has time gone. Your kids look so great. What a great family! Miss you!