Friday, November 15, 2013

Dawson Has Been Dying to Have a Sleepover...

August 9, 2013
Ollie, John, Dawson and Shawn 
Dawson is 7, and has been dying to have a sleep over.  I kept telling him he had to wait till he was 8. Finally, he talked me into to letting him have an end of summer sleep over party.  So we set up the tent and invited the friends.  He was soooo excited!  He knew exactly what he wanted to do for the party...
 First they had pillow fights on the trampoline...
They were in heaven :)
Next they had a BBQ, 
hot dogs and squeezable applesauce were his choices for the menu...
He even let Brayden and Aiden have a hot dog, but they had to stay in the house.  They were not allowed outside with all of his friends.  This party was strictly Dawson's :)
Dax even serenaded them while they ate...
What lucky boys :)
This kid is so talented on the guitar!
They were so excited to sleep in the tent alone...
Next up, sitting around the fire roasting starbursts...
S
Dawson was so happy that they got their own big bag of Starburst, and was adamant that they be left alone.  He wanted to be in charge of the whole thing.  He didn't want me interrupting.  He is growing up so fast, and is so independent.
Finally, they climbed into their sleeping bags to watch a movie in the tent...
Pretending to be asleep :)
I didn't think they would last the whole night.  I thought for sure they would get scared when the movie ended and come inside to sleep, but they didn't.  They slept out there the whole night.  When I went out to check on them later, they had turned off the TV and actually went to bed.

They were so cute, and I don't think I have ever seen Dawson so happy.  I am glad that I finally gave in, and let him have a sleep over.  It was the perfect ending for summer break!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thank u so much for posting....jack just said I'm a bad mom and wishes I would be cool like his aunt! That looks like the dream night of a kid!!! You win the mom of the year award for this one...hands down!!! Lizzy

sinika said...

Looks like so much fun and makes me miss summer! I love those cute little friends.