Thursday, November 7, 2013

Another Halloween Parade!!!

October 31, 2013 
Ollie, Dawson, Lincoln, and Elliott 
Heading off to school with our awesome neighbors for the big Halloween Parade...

Another Halloween Parade!!!  Only one kid still in elementary :(.  I was able to get off of work and go to Dawson's Second grade Halloween Parade and Class party.  My little guy sure made a cute Banana :).  Dawson wanted to be a banana so bad for Halloween.  So one day I checked him out of school early, and we went on a special in search of a banana costume and out to lunch.  He was so excited when I checked him out (he had no idea I was going to).  He kept saying, "you are the best mom in the whole world!"  Plus he was so excited because Nixon came with us since I was babysitting.  His reaction was well worth taking him out of school early :)
Here he comes...
Can you spot my cute banana???
I was dressed up in my Halloween costume, because I came straight from crossing guard.  He was so upset that I would be coming in my costume.  I promised him that no one would know I was his mom, because no one could tell it was me.
Me as Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty...
Can you tell it is me?  I don't think Dawson had anything to worry about :).  However I did promise him that I would not wear it to his class party.  He thought no one knew who Uncle Si or Duck Dynasty is, so he was embarrassed.  Boy was he wrong, there were about 20 kids dressed up like one of the Duck Dynasty people in the parade.  Plus, tons of people told me I looked awesome, and what a great costume ;).
 Dawson the Banana & Miss Olive a cute Minion...
What a good boy, patiently waiting for his class party to begin.  His teachers always tell me what a good kid he is, and that they wish they could clone him.  Ahh, just what a mom wants to hear :).
Dawson thought his friend looked sooo cool with these contacts in...
Hard at work on his skeleton picture...
The party is a success, he is giving us the thumbs up :)
Playing ghost bowling...
Finally, the ever popular decorating sugar cookies...
There is nothing better than being a mom!!  So glad I got to spend time with my baby banana at a time that is important and exciting to him :).  I sure do love you Dawson!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coolest mom ever!!! Dawson should have been so proud of you!!! Someday he will look back and say...doggonit she was cool!!! Lizzy