Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hee Haws Pumpkin Patch!

 October 25, 2011
Dawson's Kindergarten class went on their first field trip to Hee Haws Pumpkin Patch.  I was able to go with him, and since I didn't have any younger kids I also got to ride the bus :)  Fun times!!  I am so grateful I got to spend this time with Dawson.  The day started out freezing, and very over cast.  It was the first really yucky day this fall.  Sure enough it had to happen on the day of an out door field trip.  In the end it warmed up and was perfect!!
Kylie, Mason, Dawson, Ben, Macy and McCall 
First we headed through the corn maze!

Next a hay ride!


Dawson and his best buddy Ollie!!
Beau, Ollie, Weston, Dawson, Mason, Ben, Kylie and Macy
Most of the parent volunteers had 2-4 kids, lucky me I ended up with 6.  It was so crazy, I was constantly counting heads, and trying to remember names!
On to the wonderful, smelly and disgusting petting farm...  
have I ever mentioned how much I hate animals?
Next up, the ginormous slide...
the kids were dying to try this out!

Finally it was on to the pumpkin patch.  The kids each got to chose a pumpkin to take home.  This is the only reason Dawson was excited for this field trip.  The pumpkin patch was awesome, there were all these HUGE sunflowers.  It looked so cool!
Dawson searched and searched, 
he was on a mission to find the most perfect pumpkin!

He succeed, isn't it just perfect!

I was trying to get a picture of the kids walking back to the bus with their pumpkins, so I ran ahead of them.  I turned to hurry and take the picture, and they were all running after me :).  They thought I was leaving them.  It was so dang funny!  Even after I told them what I was doing, they ran after me again.  I finally got them to not follow me :).
Dawson had the best day ever!  Not only was it his first field trip, it was also his very first bus ride.  He was in heaven!
Ollie, Beau and Dawson 
Dawson was sitting next to me, and then he wanted to go sit with his friends.  I ended up sitting with a kid I didn't know, but look how happy Dawson was to be with his buddies!!
We had such a great time.  It was a perfect day, with my littlest buddy :)  Love ya Dawson!!

1 comment:

julia said...

So cute little Dawson. Our babies are all grown up and saving China. How sad.