Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Carving Pumpkins Halloween 2011

  October 29, 2011
This year we invited Aunt Becky, Elora and Taylor to carve pumpkins with us.  It was so much fun!  Finally our kids are getting better at carving their own, but I still did quite a bit of the work.  I shouldn't complain, because the time will come that no one will need my help:(. 
This year we decided not to do the stencils, and just go with original faces.  Aaahhh... much easier!
Well, that is until Dawson wanted to do a skull.  So Dave decided to find an awesome stencil on the internet.  Well, it was awesome all right, and difficult.  Guess who got to do the cutting... that's right... I did :(. 
I loved Elora's addition of the ice pick in the head on her pumpkin :).
Taylor's finished product.  
It serves two purposes, a jack-o-lantern....
and a mask :).
I love the ears that Aunt Becky put on her pumpkin!
The finished products....
Daxton's Pumpkin
Dax wanted to carve a pineapple, but I wouldn't buy one.  So he did the next best thing, he chose a pumpkin similar in shape to a pineapple :).  His favorite show is "Psych", and there is always a hidden pineapple.  I know I am a mean mom.  Don't worry I promised him I will let him carve a pineapple next year!
Dawson's Two Pumpkins 
Dawson went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch and got a pumpkin, and he got to pick one out with the family.  He was so dang excited that he got to carve two pumpkins, and everyone else only got to do one! 
Notice his awesome skeleton face pumpkin.... 
yes that is my awesome work!!
Elora's Pumpkin
Brayden and Jada's Pumpkins
All Lit Up...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment:

Nielson said...

Who did the psych pumpkin? ONe of my FAVORITE shows! :)