Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Summer Full Of Camps......

Our summer was full of camps for the kids :). Dax had Trek, and High Adventure camp. Jada had Clearcreek, Activity Day Camp, and Girls Camp. Brayden had Cub Scout Day Camp. Welcome to the world of older kids there is always something! Unfortunately we had to miss a few because of our trip to Tennessee. Dax missed High Adventure (big bummer... it would have been awesome), Jada missed Activity Day camp, and Brayden missed Cub Scout Day Camp :(. There is never enough time for everything.

June 21 - 25, 2010
Clearcreek 5th Grade Camp
Jada attended the school camp, Clearcreek. She got to go the same week as her friends Savanna and Kassidy. She was very excited, and had a great time. It was so crazy to have her gone, and Dax was gone at the same time for Trek. Our house was pretty quiet... actually not to quiet with Brayden and Dawsons friends here.

Savanna, Jada and Kassidy
Such cute good friends!

Getting excited to leave

Loading them up to go.

The week went very fast, which is good because we sure missed our Jada Babe!! It was so fun to see her get off the bus.



I think they were ready to be home!

Aunt Becky came with me to pick Jada up!
We love aunt Becky :)

One happy mom!

June 23 - 26, 2010
Trek
Dax had to meet at the church at 3 am. That was pretty harsh, especially on me :). Then they had a 10 hour drive to Wyoming :(. This was an amazing experience for Dax. I wish Dave and I could have gone.

Look at our handsome pioneer :)

Dax, Jaron and Brayden
Dax was very upset with me for taking this picture. He thinks he is too old for pictures, but then he informs that all our pictures are of Dawson? That wouldn't be the case if he would just get in some of the pictures.
(This is a picture of a picture)
Andrew, Jaron, Pa Wakley, Sarah, Ma Wakley, Sabrina, Brayden and Dax
Brayden is one of Daxtons best friends. So Dax lucked out and had Braydens parents for his Ma and Pa. This was such a spiritual experience for Dax. He learned so much, and grew spiritually. I loved hearing all about his experiences.

Dax was invited to play "Come, Come Ye Saints" on his guitar at Martins Cove. I was told that he did a great job, and that it really helped invite the spirit.

I am so proud of him, he was very nervous to perform in front of so many of his friends. I know this was a great experience for him!

Finally home after another 10 hour ride back!

What an experience :). I am so jealous of Dax, maybe next time Dave and I can go :).

August 9 -13, 2010
Girls Camp


Our 12 year old Young Women!

Jada made it to Girls Camp by 5 days :). She turned 12 just in time. I was actually really scared for her because her best friends didn't get to go this year :(. My worrying was all for nothing, she had the time of her life. She loved every minute of it. We have such a great ward, and all the girls were awesome. They have been really good to her.

I can not believe that she is already 12 years old, and in Young Women's. Time goes by way to fast. It was hard to have her gone for another whole week.

Quinn and Jada
Welcome Home!!!!



Wow... what a crazy summer! It was all worth it, I know my kids had some great experiences that they will never forget. It is crazy that they both seem so much older to me all of a sudden.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe that Jada is old enough to go to girls camp. And it seems like just yesterday I was at Clear Creek! The shirts are even the same lol When did I get so old?!

Nielson said...

I've missed you Melissa! It's nice to see you again--even if it's just in pictures :) I can't believe how big your kids are...Jada is 12?!? Wow! You have such a cute family!