Saturday, August 28, 2010

First Day of School 2010

August 25, 2010

Good bye summer :(. I am so sad how fast this summer flew by. I am usually ready to send the kids back to school, but not this year. I really could use another month of summer. Our kids are getting so old :(.
Dax
14 yrs old, 9th grade

I desperately tried to talk Daxton out of this freaky shirt, but he was insistent that we get it. I definitely tried to talk him out of wearing it the first day. I guess I have to start letting my kids be their own person at some point. Looking at this picture now, I know he made a good choice. He looks so awesome!!

I was so very sad watching Dax walk away. They put 9th grade in the high school this year :(. It was so hard watching him leave to start his high school years. I definitely do not feel old enough to have a kid in high school. I was just in high school myself, right? Ha...Ha.... Not to mention the fee for Jr. High would have only been about $80, instead we got to pay high school fees of $280. Big bummer :(!

Dax had no idea I was taking these pictures of him walking away. He would not have let me if he had known I was. I would have drove him to school, and walked him to his first class if he would have let me! Ha... Ha... Wow... he is in high school. Where have all the years gone?

Jada, Dawson (4 starting preschool in a few days) and Brayden

Brayden
10 years old, 5th grade

Jada
12 years old, 6th grade

Ready for the big day!

Brayden with his teacher Mr. Fretwell. Jada had this same teacher last year. He is awesome! We were very excited that Brayden has him this year!

Jada waiting for her class to come in from outside.
Yep, that's right... we were late the first day :(

Jada with her teacher Mr. Christofferson. My niece had him at a different school, and now she is 21. She loved him, so we know that Jada lucked out getting him for a teacher! Poor Jada she got really sick the day before school started, and was even feeling worse the first day. She still went, she really didn't want to miss the first day.

I hurried and snapped a picture of Jada before we left her to start her first day! I think we are in for a great year, with great teachers :). Hopefully Dax has a great first year of high school. They all came home happy, so we are off to a good start!

1 comment:

Nielson said...

I know! I wish summer was longer too--the weather is already starting to change. We got ripped off this year! Your kids are getting so big! I love that you let them have their own style--I will have a hard time relinquishing control for that :)