Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Five Good Friends and Hot Dogs....

August 23, 2010

We celebrated Brayden's 10th birthday a few days early, because it fell the day after school started :(. Poor Brayden, he really hates that his birthday always falls right before or right after school starts. So he wanted to take his friends up the canyon and have a hot dog roast. So we went up American Fork Canyon. This turned out awesome! Brayden and his friends had such a great time. They were hiking all over, playing by the water, and each brought a pocket knife to whittle with. Doesn't this sound like heaven for boys!
Our happy 10 year old

The decorating for this party was easy!

The treat bags

The cake...
It was easier to do cupcakes for up the canyon.
Don't be jealous of my awesome cake decorating skills... Ha...Ha

Everyone was ready to party

from left to right: Jada, Dax, Alex, Dawson, Jacob, Ethan, Tyler, Brayden and Eric

The guys :)

They don't look like trouble do they?


Yes those are Heely's, and no I am not happy about them.
Unfortunately, that is all Brayden wanted for his birthday, so we gave in.
He was so excited because we kept telling him no that they are to dangerous.
So he was very surprised!



Dave let Dax help start the fire.
They did a good job :)
Daxton was such a big help with this party. I love having older kids!


My awesome family!
I
Time for roasting the hot dogs


We did smores also. I think with the cupcakes we didn't need them,
but you can't have a fire and not make smores!

Doin' what boys do best!


It was a great party, all the boys had a great time. The mountains were beautiful, and it was relaxing for me. It was the least stressful party I have ever done for my kids. Brayden kept coming up to me and telling me, "thanks so much mom! This is the best party ever!" I am so glad that he loved it so much. Happy Birthday Brayden! We love you, and feel very blessed you came to our family. You are so much like Dad, and you are always making me laugh!! Love ya

2 comments:

Marci said...

You're the party mom! You sure do know how to have fun! You need to teach me a few things!

sinika said...

Wowee. I'll have to remember this in a couple of years- so fun!