Monday, August 24, 2009

*** My Early Birthday Present :) ***

August 23, 2009

Ever since we built our deck, I have been wanting a fire pit to put on it. Well, Dave and the kids got me an early birthday present! They got me a gas fire pit. It is so awesome. I wanted one that you don't have to build a fire every time you use it, and you don't walk away smelling like smoke. It is perfect, and very cute I might add. I am so very excited! They got the perfect present. They gave it to me early so we could actually get some use out of it this year.

We put the fire pit to good use last night..... we made smores :)! It was so much fun. I think this present will bring many fun memories! I am just loving our deck and all the fun things we have got for it!!

My cute Family!

Dawson is so funny, he loves roasting marshmallows!
He is constantly saying, "us use tirepit?"
(No that is not a misspelled word, that is how he says firepit!)

I discovered the timer button on my camera, so I can be in a few pictures!

Dax

Dave & Jada

My cuties keeping warm!

Evidence that Dawson really enjoyed his smore!!

The whole time we were roasting marshmallows, Brayden kept talking about the who had roasted the most perfect marshmallow. Well, it was definitely Brayden. He worked very hard to get it perfect! Behold..... the next 3 images are the most Perfectly Roasted Marshmallow Ever!!

Here it is in all it's perfection :)
Good Job Brayden!!!

After it was pulled of the roasting stick... notice just how melted the inside is!

Jada was the lucky recipient of the perfect mallow!

We had a great evening!! Thanks for my present guys, it's the best. I luv ya guys!!!

7 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

mmmm.....smores. What an awesome gift!

Jessica said...

Hey that's cool! And just in time for my birthday and return to UT ;)

sinika said...

I've always wanted one of those. But more I want a huge deck like yours! Happy Birthday- sometime?

Nielson said...

How fun! So, is it connected to your gas line? I would LOVE one of those--we would have smores every night :)

Melissa said...

Right now we just connect it to a propane tank, but eventually we are going to run a line from the house for the BBQ and fire pit.

Yes, I think we will be having alot of smores. That might not be such a good thing for my diet :/.

Amy said...

What a great gift! Firepits or "tirepits" :) bring many great family memories. Fun for you and your family.

Charlotte said...

So Fun! Now we really need that invite! I'll bring the marshmallows!