Thursday, August 13, 2009

Daxton's 13th Birthday Party

I know I already blogged about Dax turning 13, but now I am going to blog about his party. I am really behind in updating my blog. His birthday is July 18th, but we celebrated on July 21st, so I am a bit behind. This was the year to just have a fun outing with our family and 1 friend. Daxton decided to go to Boondocks, and brought his friend Josh!! We had such a great time!

We were at Boondocks for a little over 5 hours :\...we were all very tired by the time we left. We got unlimited wrist bands, so the kids got to do everything!!

First they chose to ride the bumper boats. It was very fun, but they got very wet. The boats have guns that shot water, so the kids were chasing each other all over. After the first ride on the boats I asked if Dawson could ride with Dax, and they let him :). He was so happy. He really enjoyed squirting everyone!

Dax & Jada

Brayden

Josh

Dax & Dawson

Let the drenching begin!

Dax & Jada getting soaked!

After the kids finished on the boats, we moved on to the race cars. Jada and Brayden rode the smaller cars, and Dax and Josh rode the bigger slick track cars. All I have to say is good thing we still have a few years before these kids get their licenses. Josh spun out, and they kicked him off the cars for good :(. It wasn't even his fault.

Get ready...Get set...Go!!

Jada & Brayden racing!

Daxton & Josh preparing for the big race!

Notice Daxton chose a Pink Princess car :)
Thats our Dax, very comfortable in his style!!

Watch out world...here comes Dax!

Poor Dawson had to do a lot of watching :(

Unfortunately for me, my camera batteries died after these activities (maybe that is fortunate for anyone who reads my blog). We did a lot of fun activities I did not get to take pictures of. After the cars, we went and played laser tag. I asked if Dawson could go in with the kids, and they said yes :). Dawson had the time of his life. He did not stop talking about the guns the rest of the night. Next it was on to miniature golf, then the 3d motion rides, lots of arcade games.... finally back to the bumper boats! Yes they got soaked for the ride home.

I hadn't made a cake yet, so Dave talked Dax into getting Frostys at 11:30 at night in place of cake. Then in true Starkey style, we stopped and bought wrapping paper at 11:30. Wrapped Dax's presents until after midnight, and finished opening presents at almost 1am. I know.... we really are crazy people. Actually, I like to think we just know how to party :). We do things at all hours of the night!!

Dax getting ready to unwrap!

Dax with all his presents!

Dax got a guitar strap, a skinny tie, a watch, a vneck shirt, a fedora hat, a Jack Johnson music book, a pair of awesome Vans, and an airsoft gun with extra bullets. He really got lucky this year. I think Dax had a great birthday!! We all had such a great time at Boondocks.

Happy 13th birthday Dax!! Luv ya buddy!

6 comments:

Nielson said...

What a fun party! Wish I could have been invited :) I love that pic of Dawson too--he's so cute to just sit and watch-poor guy! I'm glad they let him participate where he could, though. Happy Birthday!

Kenzy said...

Boondocks looks like a lot of fun. We still haven't been there. Dax is so stylish with his skinny tie and vneck shirt. What a fun day.

The Kohler Family said...

Sheesh...can you please come plan our birthday parties please?? You guys always have so much fun!

Amy said...

So fun! What a great party, he's a lucky boy! :) Boondocks is where it's at, way to go mom!

Jessica said...

Oh my Daws is so cute!! I can't believe how big all the kids are!

stevenjared0853 said...

Daxton's 13th Birthday Party was so fun. Loved having a look at these photos. You know I have just booked one of the prettiest San Francisco venues for my girl’s 7th birthday bash but I am quite confused in the selection of the food. Can anyone here help me in finding nice ideas for her princess themed party food?