Thursday, July 9, 2009

*** Happy Fourth of July 2009 ****

We had a great, relaxing 4th of July! With the exception of the absence of our favorite family the Conders :(. We almost always spend the 4th with my sister Beckys family (the Conders), and maybe a few other members of my family. However this year Becky was in Europe with her 2 daughters over the 4th. We really missed them :(. We did manage to have a good time with just our little family, and a few neighbors in the evening.

First our day started out with everyone in our family sleeping in until 10 am! It felt great :). We usually get up early and go to the Hot Air Balloon Festival, and or the Parade. We decided not to do those things this year, and it was so nice to sleep in. We slowly got ready for the day, and decided to go down to the booths in Provo. We walked around and checked them all out. The kids got some balloons, sno cones, and sunglasses. There was a booth with $5 dollar sunglasses so Dax, Jada, Brayden and I all got a new pair of sunglasses! I love them, but we will have to see how long they last. Who knows....sometimes the cheep ones last the longest.

After the booths, we went to my Mom's, and she had a BBQ for us. It was an early dinner. It was yummy, and very relaxing. The kids played with toys, and Dave and I visited with my Mom. It was very different from having about 40 other people there at the same time. There are 10 kids in my family, so there is usually alot of others around. I really enjoyed the time with my Mom!

Then we came home relaxed some more, and then decided to do fireworks. We ended up doing them with some of our neighbors. Can I just say how much I love our neighborhood. It is the best! Neighbors don't come much better than ours. We had such a great time with them!!

I forgot to take my camera with me during the day, so I took lots of night pictures while we did fireworks.

We did fireworks with the Woods, Vegas, Perrys and the Rowleys. It was so much fun. Everyone brought their fireworks, and we did them together. It makes it so much more fun to combine fireworks, and be with good friends!




My cute neighbor Barbara! She is so much fun!

Daves friend from work gave him a few illegal fireworks. They were really cool! Dave even drilled the launching tube to a piece of wood so it didn't fall over. Thanks to Daves friend Chad! It made our 4th a little more fun!!

Here is Dave lighting one of the BIG fireworks!

My guys... the pyro's!

Jada and Dawson decided just to watch, and not to light the fireworks!

I love this picture of Dawson with the firework shooting in front of him!

My cute Jada Babe!

Dave & I

The boys had so much fun lighting the fireworks!

Dawson always has to strike a pose!

Do you remember the "Snake" fireworks? I loved these as a kid. My kids loved them!!

Happy Fourth of July!!

No comments: