Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bye.....Bye.....Forever!!

Well it is official. My baby is not a baby anymore :(. Dawson has finally given up his binky! It has now been 12 days. I know it is crazy...I really thought he would be taking it with him to Kindergarten. I have to admit it was probably more me than Dawson, that would not give it up. It stopped fits in second flat. It was truly an amazing thing to see. So it was for my benefit that he still had it at 3 yrs old. The crazy thing is that his fits have become fewer since we got rid of it.

I have to say it is bitter sweet for me! I know that seems crazy, but he is my last. This just makes it official that I no longer have a baby :(. I guess this just means it is that time in my life to move on to another stage.

It is really funny how it all came about. Dawson chewed up all the Binky's we had, and I did not want to buy anymore. So I said, "sorry you chewed them all up, and the store will only let you buy Binky's if you have a baby. You are not a baby anymore, so they won't let us buy any." He took my word for it. I could not believe it. He asks for it every once in a while, but I just remind him that the store won't let us buy anymore.

The evidence....See how he chewed it up!

Good job Dawson!!! I love ya!

2 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Isn't it sad that our babies have to grow up?? I seriously wanted to cry while reading your post because Finn is also reaching little milestones and it is very bittersweet since he is our last as well. They need a support group for this kind of stuff, like Mothers in Denial anonymous!!

Nielson said...

That was easy! Good thinking!