Monday, July 20, 2009

*** Happy 13th Birthday Daxton ***

Well it is official.... We have a teenager! Yesterday, July 18th Daxton turned the big 13. I am a bit worried about all the changes that come with a teenager. I hope Daxton's teen years won't be to bad, he has been a great kid!!! We did not really celebrate to much yet, because we have been having a family reunion with my side of the family. So we will have him a party in a few days. I will have to post pictures of his real party when we have it.

I am so grateful for Dax, he is such a great help in my life. He is very mature, and a great babysitter! It has been awesome to have a built in babysitter. We never worry about leaving him in charge. Daxton is such a happy, fun guy. He has filled our lives with so many great memories! Dax is always the first to make sure that I am okay if I am sad, and he is always the first to tell me I look good. Boy is he going to make a great boyfriend, and husband some day! Dax is a very funny guy, and a great guitar player. He has so many talents that he has been blessed with.

On his birthday, he wanted to stop at Bert Murdock music, to check it out. He had never been to it before. They let him choose a guitar to try. Here is the guitar he choose. It only costs $1500.oo. He is going to have to save his money for awhile. It sure was a nice guitar! He was in heaven. He said it made his day to be able to play it. He is so cute!

Daxton playing the Les Paul of his dreams!

In the evening we had a picnic for part of our reunion, so I brought some cupcakes for Dax's birthday. We gave him one present that day, and saved the rest for his party. The one present about killed me to buy it for him. I absolutely hate it...but I decided he loved them, so I finally broke down and bought him one. Can you guess what it was from the first picture on this post? He wanted a Fedora Hat (is that how you spell that?). Anyway, he was dang excited. He had wanted one for a very long time, and I just could not bring myself to let him get one. I must admit he looks cute in it. Anyway, here are some pictures from his little family reunion party!

Everyone having the picnic!

Dax Blowing out his candles!

Dax opening his present, he was so excited!

Lookin' good!

All our cute kids! Notice Dawson striking a pose again....

Dax & I

Love this picture of Dax & Dave!

Everyone kept trying to get Dax to throw his hat in the air and catch it on his head,
He almost got it!

We had a great time! I just want Daxton to know how much we love him. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. He is a wonderful son, and we are so proud of him! Luv ya tons Dax!!!

4 comments:

Nielson said...

Happy birthday! Daxton is so cute--don't you already have girls knocking the door down? :) And I like the hat--you're such a good mom!!

sinika said...

Happy Birthday to Daxton! I only hope my boys can be so great... :)

The Kohler Family said...

Your are such a great mom. Always having the sweetest things to say about your kids! Happy Birthday Daxton!

Trecia said...

WOW! A teenage, he is such a great kid and a good lookin one too so you better watch out!