Monday, June 29, 2009

Aahh.....A Hot Dog Roast!!!

Yesterday we went up Hobblecreek to have a hot dog roast. I know we are so bad to do that on a Sunday :(, but we had such a great time! The weather was perfect, there were not to many people up there, and the water felt great. It was so nice to spend some quality time with my family. I lived in Springville for 12 years, and my family spent a lot of time up at Kellys Grove. It was so fun to see my kids doing the same things I did as a kid. It hasn't changed a bit.

When we first got there we did a bit of hiking! Everything was so green. It was beautiful!!

Jada and Dawson heading up the trail

Dax, Brayden and Jada

Jada walked down the hills behind Dave, and holding his hands. She was afraid she would fall!

Next we played in the creek. It was so fun. The water was a bit cold, but with the heat it felt great. Part of the creek was damned up so it was deep enough for the older kids to swim in it. Dawson had fun sitting in the shallow parts. He thought he was pretty brave!

Brayden & Dax trying to decide if they wanted to get wet!

Dawson wouldn't get in at first. He just wanted to play with this stick in the water!

Finally everyone got in and played!

This is where the water was damned up

Dawson had so much fun!

Jada

Brayden

After playing in the water, we had our hot dog roast. We had a great time even minus the hot dog buns. What happened to the buns....good question? They got put in the van, but they suddenly vanished. They were no where to be found. I thought for sure they would be on the counter when we got home, be they weren't. They really did disappear. Everyone still ate a hot dog (except for picky me). We had enough other good food, and smores. You can't have a campfire without smores. Ummm....smores!!! Love em!!

Enjoying bunless hot dogs...ummm!

Daxtons new thing is sporting bandanna's. He looks so cool!

Starting to roast marshmallow!

Dawson loves to roast mallows!

Photo courtesy of Daxton. Nice to have older kids who can take pictures also.

Here is Dawson & Jada enjoying the finished product!


My little guy can't stay clean for anything. I was leaning into the car to get out wipes to clean him off, and I told Dawson, "don't touch me!" So what does he do, he gets as close to my bum as he can without touching me, just to be funny!Dave was watching the whole thing and was laughing. Dawson is just like his Dad, he is such a tease!

Leave it to Dawson to get really dirty!

We had such a great day!! I just love summer! We do a lot of day trips to the canyon for hot dog roasts. We do not get to camp too much, so this makes up for it. I love my family!

5 comments:

Eric and Andrea said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time and were able to spend some quality family time together!

The Kohler Family said...

LOoks like you guys had a ton of fun! YOu'll have to give me directions so I can take my family there...I want to do fun stuff like that this summer!

Amy said...

That does look like fun. That's something we plan on doing soon as well, but haven't made it yet. Your kids look like they had a blast . . . what a great family day.

Elena said...

That is one thing I really love about Utah. You can go up into the mountains and enjoy cooler air and fun times. I saw one of your boys at church today. So good looking.

Nielson said...

How fun! It looks gorgeous and smores don't sound too bad either :)