Thursday, June 25, 2009

Manti

On Friday June 19, we went down to Manti to go to the Manti Pageant. I have not been to it since I was in high school. Let's just say it has been a very long time. Dave and the kids have never seen it. My sister Wendy, and her two girls were in the pageant this year, so we decided it was a good time to go see it. It was excellent! Also, my sister Wendy lives in Manti, so we stayed over night. It was so nice not to have to drive home that late at night. My Mom, and my Brother Matt and his family all went on the same day we did. Matt even brought 2 of my brother Nate's kids with him from Wyoming. So we got to spend some time with Mariah and Madison. It was quite a party! The kids especially loved it.

We were going to go on Saturday, but found out it was suppose to rain, so we went Friday. It was perfect! It was a bit windy, but the weather was great. I forgot to bring the camera, so on the way home the next morning we stopped at the temple to get some pictures. As you can see in the pictures, it was raining. We were glad we decided to go a day early.

Jada is not in the picture because she decided to stay for a few days with her cousins.


Our Boys!

My sister Wendy was so kind to house all of us. In her house that night there were 7 adults, and 12 kids. The kids had so much fun hangout with their cousins. Wendy is a bit crazy, and always has so much going on. So on top of the awesome preschool she has in her basement, she has now opened a very cool candy shop in her garage! She says it is for her kids to run, but I think she has more fun with it. Everything Wendy does is amazing. That night Aunt Wendy let everyone pick out .60 cents worth of stuff from their shop. The kids went crazy! Here are some pictures from the visit to Aunt Wendy's candy shop!!

The kids waiting to shop!

Our kids waiting anxiously!

Aunt Wendy showcasing her shop!

Let the shopping begin!

Everyone went crazy...

Finally Aunt Wendy had 1 kid go at a time.
Here is Dawson on his shopping spree!

Brayden's turn....

Jada had a hard time deciding...

Finally it was Daxton's turn!
Dax kept trying to talk Wendy into extra candy...This is how Wendy dealt with him!!

Dawson just about died when he saw this giant otter pop!!

Grandma was enjoying watching her grand kids go crazy!

Even the adults enjoyed the candy shop!

Wendy and I at the shop!

What is more fun than a ginormous sleep over with cousins?

We did not go to sleep until about 2 am!!

The next morning the kids entertained themselves in the preschool making friendship bracelets!

Remember making these friendship bracelets?

Just a cute picture of Dawson & Sloane entertaining themselves in the preschool water fountain!

Amid all this ciaos, we had such a great time! Thanks to Aunt Wendy and Uncle Ken for all their hospitality. They are always so good to us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stinker! you should have come saturday! we were there and spent the night in manti with my old roomate tina. it did rain most of the day but stopped in time for the show to start. isn't pageant great? what parts did your family do?

Amy said...

I love the Manti pageant! I will have to take my family one of these days as well. I am the only one who has seen it. Looks like you all had a great time with your family.

Kenzy said...

I have been wanting to go to the Manti Pageant for YEARS! I'm so glad you family had such a great time. Your sister looks like such a fun aunt. You look so much alike. So Fun!