Friday, November 9, 2012

It's That Time Again...

October 30, 2012
Well, it's that time again... Yep, time to carve pumpkins :). Such a fun tradition, but sooo messy.
This is the first year I let Dawson do most of his own cutting :/.
 I was so nervous, but he did a great job.
Poor Dawson was so upset the night before. I had told him we would carve pumpkins that day, and things happened and it got to late, so he freaked. I mean he was screaming at the top of is lungs, "let's carve pumpkins!", "you promised that we would!". He was screaming for 30 min :(. Finally I felt so bad for changing plans on him when he was so excited, that at 10 pm I said okay let's just go carve one of yours (he had 2 because of a field trip to the pumpkin patch). At that point he wouldn't carve one, but was still very angry and I reached my breaking point and was crying. He came up to me and told me to go to bed, and that he was just going to stay awake all night. When I didn't go to bed like he told me to do, he said, "fine I will just leave. If you don't go to bed it means you don't love me...". Finally I picked him up with him fighting me, and went and sat on the couch to hold him. We both fell asleep sitting there until about 1 am. Yes, I had a kink in my neck the next morning. The moral of this story, do not change plans on a six year old, their little minds can not deal with the change :(. Poor Dawson, so we carved one together right when he got home from school, and then carved another that night with everyone else.
Please don't look at Daxtons extremely short shorts he is wearing in this picture. Aunt Becky thought it was really funny to give Dax these scary shorts that James used to wear. I throw up a little every time Dax wears them :(. Thanks Becky, pay backs are a you know what ;).
I was in charge of cutting off the tops of the pumpkins, 
and Dave cleaned out all the guts.
Our cute Jada Babe!
Brayden is such a good boy. He was working so hard on finishing some homework that wasn't even due yet. Me being the good mom that I am got mad and said stop doing homework, and get over here and carve pumpkins with us. Yep, I am a great mom! Brayden is always so good about doing his homework right when he gets home. You are awesome Brady Boy!!








Hard at
work...
Everyone did an awesome job this year...
Jada wrote Psych on hers, because we have become a Psych family. We watch it almost every day. It is so dang funny! This year our kids opted to write words, and traditional faces on their pumpkins. Finally a break from the tedious carving of amazing pictures from patterns. I used to love that, but I am loving the simple things lately.
Daxtons's
Jada's
Brayden's
Dawson's 1st
Dawson's 2nd
Fun times!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your six year old sounds like my Olivia (5). =) Changing plans doesn't go over so well when they have their heart set on doing it when we say we will right? If only they understood that life just doesn't always happen the way we plan. At least it all worked out. The pumpkins turned out great!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad looking at these pics cuz we didn't even really carve pumpkins this year! I always love how you take pics of your pumpkins all lit up...so fun!!! Lizzy