Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Finally Here.... Dawson's First Day of Preschool :)/:(

September 7, 2010
I have very mixed feelings about this day. I am so excited to have some time to myself :), but I think I am more sad that my baby is off to school :(. I can not believe that he is already 4 years old and going to Preschool. I know I always say this, but I can not believe how fast time goes :(. Dawson is so big, and very ready for school. We are very lucky, his preschool is right across the street at our neighbors house.

Dave and Dawson were playing with blocks and put together dawson's name. Helping him to recognize his name. Dave had taken the day off from work to clean the garage, and took some time to hang out with Dawson.
Dawson had been really looking forward to this day. He has been talking about it for months. Finally the big day arrives, and he decides to throw one of his really big fits. You know... the kind where I turn into the crazy mom. I freak out and start yelling and crying. Yeah, the kind where Dave gets a phone call telling him I can not deal with this any longer. Yes, that is the kind of fit he decided to throw :(. Oh, did I forget to mention he decided to do this right before school was suppose to start. Yep, he was a half and hour late to his first day. Finally... we got him out the door and off to school.

We both calmed down, and got a picture. I had to wear my sunglasses so you could not see how horrible my eyes looked after all my crying :(. You can see that Dawson's look sad.

Here's Miss Jodi house!

My big boy walking away :(

Poor Miss Jodi, we show up 30 minutes late, and I had to put on Dawson's Converse shoes which are a pain to get on and off. Well, Miss Jodi has the kids take off their shoes when they get there. Miss Jodi tried to help Dawson, but he is so independent. He would not let her help. To make matters worse I had double knotted them :(. Note to self, never have Dawson wear his Converse to school. Just another great part of this happy day...

Dawson and Miss Jodi

This is Dawson coming home. He had a GREAT time! He loved every minute of it, and could not wait to go back. His most favorite part was he got to put his booty in...? I finally figured out that they had done the Hokey... Pokey! He thought that was the greatest game ever. He said, "I can not wait to go back and put my booty in Mom"! I love the simple things that kids find amazing :).

Yes, I am a freak... I take millions of pictures. So here I documented his walk home from his first day...
So, after much trauma... the first day was over. He was coming home a bigger boy! Now he could show me everything they did while he was at school. He was very excited!


This is a picture of his second day of preschool. Much happier, no fits and very excited to wear his new skinny jeans :). He loves that he is getting to dress like his big brothers. I love Dawson so much, and it is killing me that my baby is so big!

2 comments:

rachel said...

aaahhh he is so dang cute, how could this kid throw a fit?! Glad it went well! Miss you guys!

julia said...

Little terror made it through the experience eh. Been there done that. We all must tenderly love our spawns of you know who. May the force be with you as you patiently pray for him to outgrow it. By the way, you didn't have to curse when you told they were fishing from the ****. You could have just spelled it correctly being dam. Hee Hee. Love ya sissy.