Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ice Castles

February 6, 2010

So I kept seeing peoples blogs about the ice castles up in Midway, so we decided to go see them for ourselves. Wow... they were amazing!! It was very cold, but incredibly beautiful. Dave had to go to Heber for work, so we decided it was a great time to go see them. First we went and ate dinner at the restaurant that has the train going around in it. Dawson absolutely loved it. (I got the idea for this restaurant from one of my friends blogs).

Next on to the ice castles. Daxton did not want to come with us, he instead wanted to hang with his friends :(. I hate that my kids are getting older. I am sure this was one of the first of many activities with out him.

Happy, frozen family (minus 1) :(
We missed you Dax.
I wish my camera took better pictures. These pictures do not do it justice.

No, this is not Dawson's coat... I forgot his coat (I am a great mom). It all worked out, Brayden didn't want to wear his so he let Dawson wear it. What a good big brother!

Dawson wanted to take some pictures... he actually did a great job!
(He took both these pictures.)


Notice that Brayden and Dave were not in many of these pictures :(. Brayden is getting too old to be in pictures, or so he thinks. As for Dave... he never wants to be in pictures. They are both little stinks. When I say stinks, I literally mean stinks (for Dave anyway). I hope this little story I am about to tell does not offend... ha...ha... Anyway, I am walking around, and we had all kind of separated looking at things on our own. All of a sudden I hear a women say, "someone must have forgotten their Bean-O today!" Having been married to Dave for so long, I knew she must be talking about my husband. I could not believe it. So I find him and ask if he just farted? Of course he did! He was laughing so hard. He thought no one was around, so he let one rip. Unfortunately there was a woman not to far behind him :(. So he grabs Brayden and walks back to an area we had already been through behind the lady, hoping she wouldn't know it was him. It was a great plan, until Brayden says loudly, "but Dad... we have already been through this part". So much for Daves great plan. Maybe he will learn to make a full circle before he lets one :)

Anyway, embarrassing moment aside, we did have a great time. It was amazing! Not to mention Dave gave us a great story, and made our outing unforgettable :).

3 comments:

Marci said...

We went too. Aren't the ice castles awesome! We made a whole day and night of it. Loved it!

The Kohler Family said...

We went there not that long ago...I guess I need to update my blog. Love the fart story!! :)

Amy said...

LOL!!! Thanks for sharing the funnies. Those ice castles look amazing! What a fun family outing.