Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 5 of our Cruise :)

Day 5
(Roatan, Hondorus)

Wow...all we could say was Wow!! This is what we pictured tropical islands looking like :). Roatan was beautiful, even though it poured down rain the entire day. We didn't mind because we were going to be snorkeling and scuba diving. However, when I say it poured I am not kidding. It was sheets of rain, you were soaked the minute you stepped foot off of the ship.

We did not have any excursions planned this day, but Brian had already been here so he kind of knew where to go. We went to an island resort called Fantasy Island. It was incredibly beautiful.

Welcome to Fantasy Island
De Plane....De Plane..... Ha....Ha....

They had an incredible beach at this resort. It was awesome! Imagine how beautiful it would have been on a clear and sunny day. We could just imagine laying on these beds getting a massage. Too bad it was rainy :(.

Dave and Brian were going diving, so Liz and I went out with them on their boat to snorkel out in open water. Yes I was scared to death, they all made me go. Remember this trip was the first time I snorkeled, and I was scared enough snorkeling off shore. Being out in open water was almost more than I could handle. It was fun, but I was just sure I would turn around too see a shark coming for me. Not to mention it was thundering louder than I have ever heard, and lightening while we were in the ocean. Is that a good combination? I kept asking Liz if we should go back to the boat, and she would say we are fine and dive down again. I was really scared when the ocean got really choppy, and I poked my head up and could not see Liz anywhere :(. Finally I spotted her off in the distance, and swam over to her. I tried to stay right by her after that. I know I am a freak, like Liz was going to be able to save me when the shark attacked :?. Even with all my anxiety, it was a blast.

Our hotties getting ready to go diving!

You can see how choppy the water was starting to get.

These are some pictures from our dive boat

It was so beautiful!

On the way back to shore, our boat got stuck on a sand bar. I was thinking oh crap, are we going to miss our ship (even though we still had a couple of hours before the ship would leave). Finally we got unstuck, and made it back. It had been raining so hard the streets were rivers. It was flooding really bad. So our taxi was waiting for us, but as we left the resort the taxi died. Yes, what are the odds of getting stuck and our taxi dying? So the guys got out to see if they could help. Finally another car came and gave us a jump. The other car left, we all climbed back in the taxi and it died again :(. I said maybe if we wait for a bit it will start again. We waited, and sure enough it started again :). I am so wise, ha...ha... I think the taxi was just to wet from all the flooding.

Another one of Dave's famous looks :)
Luv it!

Everyone trying to help fix the taxi

Liz and I decided to take a few more modeling pictures. Ha..Ha..

When we got back to port, Liz and I wanted to go shop in the little village. Dave went back to the ship, and Brian went with us. He said we could not go by ourselves. It would have been scary with out him with us. It was so crazy. The port is gated, and the minute you walk out the gate you get attacked by kids. They are every where. Trying to sell you bracelets for a dollar, or just asking for a dollar. They were so cute. Liz and I probably spent at least $20 each on handing out one dollar bills. They were following us every where. It was so sad to see what these people live in. They have little shacks, and lean to's with dirt floors. Then there was a huge mansion in the middle of all the shacks. We asked the taxi driver who lived in the mansion? It was the governor. It was crazy. Hey at least their government officials are taken care of :(.

When we got back to port after our diving and snorkeling, it stopped raining for a bit. So we got some pictures in port.

This was our taxi driver Dario

These were some of the kids that swarmed us asking for money!

This is Thomas, Liz and Brian paid him to be our guide :)

We would all love to go back here some time :). Maybe spend a week instead of a few hours. Anyway, it was a great day! Beautiful island, and the people were all very friendly.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

What a fun trip for you and Dave! How many days was this cruise? I need to go on a carribean cruise soon! When you told the story of the boat getting stuck and then the taxi breaking down, I started to get nervous for you that you were going to miss your boat. I am glad that you made it!

sinika said...

I totally agree! I will go back to Roatan for a longer stay some day!!!

Jessica said...

I wish I was on that trip! I guess I need to get married and start taking trips with my sister :)

Amy said...

How fun for you and your hubby to get away together! Looks like you had a fabulous time. Cute modeling pics! =)