Tuesday, December 15, 2009

First Dentist Appointment :)

December 15, 2009

Well Dawson had his very first dental visit today! I was a bit worried, but they said that it would only be a happy visit. They wouldn't really do much, just let him figure everything out. Well, someone didn't inform the assistant of this, and she went ahead and did a full visit :/ Amazingly it could not have went better, as you can see from this picture. (I forgot the camera, so this picture was taken with my cell phone so it is not the greatest.) Dawson was AWESOME!! He loved every minute of it. They have a t.v. in the ceiling, so he just enjoyed some cartoons!
My awesome big boy!

Here is the assistant working on him, and he did not even bat an eye. I don't think there was ever a better idea than a t.v. in the ceiling!! Well, good news... no cavities!! Unfortunately, he has a broken tooth on one of his molars. So we are going back tomorrow to get that fixed. So wish us luck. Hopefully he does just as well tomorrow when the shots and drills come out :(. It was so cute to see such a little guy in one of those big dental chairs.

Well, we were not so lucky with all our other kids :(. Lets just say we have many cavities to fill before the end of the year. BUMMER!! Dawson was very excited about his special treat bag from the dentist. He got a Diego toothbrush, Sponge Bob toothpaste, a timer (so he knows how long to brush), and floss. Plus, since he did not have any cavities, he got a spinning Wally toothbrush. No wonder he liked the dentist.

We are having such exciting times at the dentist. Only 4 more visits to go in the next week :/.

2 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Wow! What a big boy! I dread the day I take Finn to the dentist. Who do you see by the way? I need to find a good pediatric dentist.

lindsey v said...

I love the t.v.s in the ceiling too.
My kids are due for dentist appointments right now too but I'm holding off until after Christmas. It's hard for me to spend money on medical things during the Christmas season. I'm sure there will be many fillings for my kids also.