Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Husband Always Full of Surprises !!!

September 27, 2009

Dave is so fun, always coming up with fun things to surprise me with!! Well the other day he had a surprise in store for me. He told me that morning, that I had to be dressed and ready to leave by 6 pm. He would not tell me where we were going, or what his plans entailed. I love surprises, but I started to get a bit nervous on the drive when he told me I had to change my name for the night, and not wear my wedding ring. I thought if I need to do those things, this surprise seems a bit shady. I was nervous thinking do I really want this surprise? So for the night my name was Lynn Harmon, and I was single. What the heck.... :\. Dave said "have I ever done a surprise for you that you really wished I hadn't?" I had to admit I have always loved his surprises, so he told me to stop asking questions. On the way I finally got out of him that we were going to a concert. He said he had been giving me little hints all weekend about what concert it was. I still could not guess for the life of me. So the concert was at Kingsbury Hall at the University of Utah. I still could not figure out who it was or why I needed to change my name, and not wear my wedding ring. I was starting to feel a little more relaxed about the situation. I finally remembered that Dave had played some music from our I tunes the other day that we have not listened to for a long time. So I asked if that was who it was, and I guessed right. I was so excited!! Yes, we were going to the Bryan Adams concert!!! I love Bryan Adams, in fact, I forgot just how much I love him!!! His voice is amazing. He is 49 years old and is HOT!! I hope Dave didn't feel to bad when I kept saying just how HOT he was :). Dave knows that I think he is very HOT himself, luv ya honey!

Dave and I with Bryan Adams!!

Dave got the tickets for free, which made the night even better. He had tried to win them off of a radio station, and so was a girl he works with. Well she ended up winning, but her husband did not want to go. She knew that Dave had been trying also, so she asked him if he wanted the tickets. Her name is Lynn Harmon, hence my new name Lynn Harmon. She had also won backstage passes so I had to pretend to be her. Dave made me take off my wedding ring in case the asked for ID, we could say we were dating and that I had left my ID in the car. They never did ask for ID, just my name. It sure paid off to change my name for the night. It was so awesome to meet Bryan Adams. He seems like such a nice guy. I am not into getting autographs, but Daxton asked Dave to get one for him. So I asked Bryan to sign my ticket. I had him put Daxtons name on it. He did not hear my right, and he put Baxton. Thats okay, Dax was still excited. Daxton is doing very well playing his guitar. I could just imagine him on stage like Bryan Adams! He could totally do it if he wanted to, He is really amazing on the guitar.

Our backstage pass, and Bryan Adams autograph on my ticket!

Anyway, we had a terrific night, and Dave was right.... his surprises are always awesome! Thank you Dave :)! Also, thanks to Jada who changed her first poopy diaper (it only took her 10 wipes). Leave it to Dawson to wait for Dave, Dax and I to leave to poop. Dax had to go to Court of Honor. So Jada got the honor of changing the poop. Good Job Jada!! Thanks for babysitting Dax, you are a great babysitter!

3 comments:

bunker said...

Awesome surprise Dave, lucky girl Missy :-). When you coming to visit? We may have to come up there right?

Melissa said...

So call my stupid, who are you bunker? Sorry I don't know!

Nielson said...

Lucky girl! What a fun surprise! Shall I call you Lynn from now on?? :)