Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day 2009

September 7, 2009

For Labor Day we decided to go to Cherry Hill Water Park! I thought we were crazy to go there on a holiday, but it was not to busy. Dave won 4 passes on the radio, he was the 20th caller!! Yea Dave! So we only had to pay for 2 tickets. We have never been their before. We stayed for about 4 hours, and by then Daxton was begging to go home. He is finally a teenager, and can not stand to be away from his friends for to long. We had a great time!

There was a big pirate ship that kids could play on, and Dawson loved it!! The whole water park is a pirate theme. It is so weird to have older kids, because Dax and Brayden were hardly with us the whole time. They just kept going off and doing their own thing.

Dave, Jada, Dawson and I really enjoyed the Lazy River. It was very relaxing :) I would get on the tube, and Dawson would lay down on top of me. We would go around, and around for a long time. Dave and Jada had a lot of fun together. We also went down the tube water slides, and Dawson decided he did not want to do that again. So Dawson and I sat and watched Dave and Jada. Jada loved having Dave all to herself. So they went down the slides together a lot.

There was a couple of pools to play in, and Dawson loved being in them. He wore his arm floaties, and feels so big to be able to swim without help. Dax and Jada were having handstand contest, so I decide to do it with them. When I came back up, Dave was quick to inform me that I was embarrassing him...oops :(. So I did not do any more of them. Sorry Dave!

Just before we left, Dawson decided he did not need floaties any more.
Good thing he stayed right by the stairs :)


We had a great time together. It was a fun day! We even got back in time for Daxton to have some quality time with some good friends.

4 comments:

sinika said...

I love handstand contests in the water... :)

Nielson said...

Looks like so much fun! I have never been there--but if I go, I will be sure to do some handstands. And if it's embarrassing, then so be it :) That made me laugh :)

Amy said...

You are so cute! I love the handstand 'embarrassment.' Looks like you had a great time. What a fun family day. Don't you love when the little ones think they are too big for arm floats? :)

Unknown said...

dang Daxton looks dang good ........................................................oh and for all parents with older kids it was not that fun for me