Thursday, September 19, 2013

We Almost Didn't Go....

August 16 & 17
We almost didn't go on our annual Park City overnight school clothes shopping trip, but then I remembered it was Daxton's last year to do it with us :(.  So we ended up going, and I am so glad we did.  We had so much fun, and it was great to have a little family time.  We stayed at the same place as  last year.  The Sundial Lodge is so nice.  This year the room had a full kitchen, separate bedroom, a fireplace, and a jacuzzi tub.  Yes, I took advantage of that awesome tub.
The boys slept on the pull out bed,
and stayed up till all hours watching TV...
Jada slept on a pull out chair...
and Dave and I had a king size bed :).  
Yep, it was perfect!
In the morning Dave and the kids went swimming.  Well, everyone except Dax.  He decided sleep sounded better.
When I finally got down to the pool, this is where I found Dawson.  He was upset because no one would give him the swimming mask.  It took some convincing, but I finally got him to get back in.
Serious...
Happy...
Dave
Time for a handstand contest...

Even Dave got in on it :)
Dave and Jada are so graceful...
Brayden, not so much :)
Jada

Chillin in the jacuzzi...
The world is good again... he got the mask back :)

Here is where Brayden shines, 
jumping in and posing in the air...
My baby sure has become quite a little swimmer this summer.
Dawson thought it was so cool to be the one to open our room door.  He would freak out if anyone else tried to.
That's my Dawson... 
He loves to pose for pictures.
Me and my Jada Babe!
The boys sure enjoyed this climbing net...
When we went to leave, Dawson decided he hadn't had enough of climbing.  So while everyone went to get the car, we hung out for a little longer.
We spent the rest of the day shopping at the outlets.  We did almost all of their school clothes shopping in those 2 days.  I love it!  I am so glad that we didn't forgo this fun tradition this year.  We had such a great time.  I sure do love my family, and I cherish these times together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a superdy fun time for sure! Next year it will be here in TN with us!!! Don't worry we will carry on the tradition ;) bizzy Lizzy

sinika said...

Dave's legs in the handstand contest made me laugh so hard! 😁