Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Has Finally Sprung...

 March 26, 2013  
(Dawson, Ryan, Shawn and Weston)
Spring has finally sprung, and so has Dawson's ambition.  He has been dying to have a sale, and has been waiting for it to finally warm up.  He came running in one day so happy to let me know his plans, and more importantly that he was the manager :).  He said, "aren't you proud of me mom... I'm the manager!".  I am so proud of you little buddy, you are amazing!
He had this clipboard, and he was making big plans.  On one side he wrote down every kid that wanted in on the sale...
On the other side he wrote down exactly what each person was in charge of :).  I think there is a great manager inside that little body.  One day he is going to make the big bucks in management :).  He is already developing those skills.  He had big plans for this sale... Toys, Candy, Hot Dogs, Koolaid.  Wow, I got a headache just thinking about all of it, but no need for me to worry he had it all covered :).
Well, the warm weather finally arrived, by warm I mean it was 45 degrees.  It was time for the sale to take place, he couldn't wait any longer.  Not all the kids helped, and not all the items planned were sold, but he was just happy to be able to finally do it :).
Just look at all those amazing treasures!!  He sold some Easter candy that he had gotten at the Wicky Bash.  I was sure to hurry and buy up the yummy pieces :).  Also, notice the awesome Angry Bird toy.  He was selling it for a dollar, but one of the neighbor kids said he only had .80 and would Dawson take .80 and 2 awesome pencils.  Dawson agreed, and that kid ran away with the biggest smile on his face :).
Let the sale begin...
I loved their signs they made to get people to stop...
"Come on, Come on!"
All together these boys made $8.  They were pretty happy to walk away with two dollars each :).  I am so proud of Dawson, he will someday become quite a successful man.  How could he not when he has such great organizational skills and follow through!! 
Along with our balmy 45 degree weather comes another fun summer surprise... yep the Ice cream man!!  Dawson came running into the house in search of money because he could here the music of this awesome van in the distance.  Sure enough it brought a lot of the neighbor kids running.
Nothing better in a kids mind, than an over priced ice cream :)
Dawson was so happy to have made his purchase, but so embarrassed that I wanted to get a picture :).  I love his look in this picture.  You would think my kids would be used to me always taking pictures by now...  I am so happy Spring is finally on its way, and I just love my cute little guy!!
I sure do love ya buddy :)

1 comment:

The Kohler Family said...

How cute! Love that Dawson is so ambitious! Finn has been dying to have a "cracker sale" where he sells ritz crackers with PB on them, haha!