Friday, April 5, 2013

10 PM Coloring...

March 30, 2013
Once again we colored Easter Eggs after 10 o'clock at night :(.  Dave had to work during the day, and I would have just had the kids color them without him, but the egg coloring kit was in the back of his car :(.  Then I took Jada to the General Young Women's Broadcast, and out on a special.   She and I decided to have dinner at Thanksgiving Points Deli were Daxton works, and wait for him to get off.  We thought it would only be a few minutes.  Well, it ended up taking a long time to close, so we didn't get home till after 10 :(.  Everyone was tired... and I still had a lot to get done for Easter before I could go to bed.  I didn't get to bed till 3 am :(.
The egg coloring was all for Dawson, at least that is what the older kids said.  Yet they still seemed to enjoy themselves.  Well, except for Dax... I made him get up off the couch to color at least one.  So he walked over plopped an egg into one of the cups of dye and walked back to the couch.  You got to love teenagers!
Jada (aka: Sue Heck) 14 yrs old
Dawson 7 yrs old
I love moments of distraction were they are nice to each other, 
and actually stop fighting.
Brayden 12 yrs old...
Dave was thrilled to be coloring Easter eggs so late...
I don't know if it was because we bought an egg coloring kit with crazy faces or what, but Brayden would not put on a normal face for any of the pictures :).
Our beautiful Jada Babe...
I think they really enjoyed it...
Dawson decided he was already ready to eat one of his eggs.  The face he put on this egg was perfect for when he smashed it :)
Poor little egg, being taken apart piece by piece...
Maybe it is not good to put faces on the eggs, it looks kind of creepy seeing that broken face staring up at you almost as if to be saying "why???".
Brayden's finished products...
He choose an egg that had cracked while boiling, it turned out awesome and looked like a lighting strike!
Dawson's finished eggs...
Jada's Eggs...
She wanted some close up pictures of hers...
Then Brayden wanted close ups of his...
Even though it was a very late night, we had a lot of fun!  I am grateful I took the time to make these fun memories with our kids.  It was definitely time well spent.
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

2 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

I think your rocking the Mom of the Year Award here lady! I love Braydens silly faces! Looks like fun!

Brit said...

SO fun! We didn't color eggs this year. :(