Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

May 12 & 13, 2012
My cute Mom and I...
For Mother's Day, we decided to get together on Saturday and have a BBQ with our whole family. Well, with those that live close enough. We sure missed all those that couldn't come. We all had such a great time!
Dax, Kennedi, Marlene, Weston, Lorrin, Tahnee, Taden, Dawson, Me and Emily
Just a few of us hanging out. The weather was perfect, and the kids loved having their cousins over.
Dawson, Jada, Kennedi and Sam
Of course the kids had to play video games...
Erica and Emily
Funny little Taylor was in heaven. He could not stop playing :).
Grandma, Sarah, Weston, and Liz
,
Dawson, Marlene, Lorrin, Taden, and Tahnee
Dawson made all the moms a card for Mother's Day. Marlene is holding hers up in this picture. Cute little Dawson :).
Jada and Dax
We had so much yummy food!
Matt and Dave doing a great job watching over the BBQ...
Marlene found a little buddy!
Kennedi, Marlene, Dawson, me and Emily
Good times...
Yum.... That's what I'm talking about :). 
I just love steak, and this hottie makes the best!
Finally we decided to give grandma her gifts. If you notice on the TV screen behind her we were watching our new favorite TV show... Yep, Duck Dynasty :). I love it!
Here is Grandma doing her duck call...
Taden, Weston, Liz, Matt, and Erica
I think we may have convinced these guys that Duck Dynasty is their new favorite TV show also:). I mean just look at those smiles....
I just love my cute Mom! They don't come any better than her. She is amazing! Ten kids... 41 grand kids... One great grand baby on the way. She looks amazing, and I still can't figure out how she keeps up with it all. I hope one day I will be as awesome as her! I love you Mom!!
Here sits one sad little guy... All the cousins went to go to the park to hang out, and they left him behind with the adults :(. He was pretty sad. I offered to drive him to the park, but he decided to feel sorry for himself instead. He finally fell asleep on my lap.
This little guy is crazy when it comes to weapons. Look out world here comes Taden :).
Looks like it is time for the party to end, Uncle Matt is falling asleep too :). I am so glad we were all able to get together. It was tons of fun! I love my family.
The next morning on Mother's Day, I got so many wonderful surprises...
Jada Baby brought me breakfast that she made all by herself. I am soooo lucky! It was delicious.
Just look at all that yummy food...
She even did one piece if cinnamon toast, and one buttered piece. She thought of everything.
Brayden made me this awesome book about me! I always love these things. The information the kids put in always give me a good laugh:). Brayden sure delivered the laughs this year. So I had to share some of the pages....
Love these pictures....
The word cleaning always makes an appearance when a book is made about me :(. I just hope one day my kids know I didn't clean because I loved to.
Saved the best of the book for last, Brayden wrote down words that described me... A new word made it into the book this year. Yep, that would be gossiping :(. Out of the mouth of babes is what Dave would say :). I promise I don't really gossip that much! I gotta love these books :)
This is my gift from Dawson that he made at school. They melted crayons together to make the flowers that are sitting on the picture. I love his cute handwriting. Oh my goodness, he was so excited to gave me this. He kept trying to give it to me days in advance, and I kept asking him to wait so I could have it on Mother's Day. So the day before he made me all kinds of nice cards and pictures and had them all saved in a little binder. He kept giving them to me through out the day :). Here are my awesome gifts from Dawson....
I love how well he draws.  Just look at the amazing color he uses, and how good he draws hearts :).  He was a little sad about the mess up on that one red heart.  I made him feel better by telling him I thought it was a heart balloon.  That made him feel much better :)
 He said this picture on the right was an ice cream cone, because he knows how much I love ice cream :).
These are the creations that are the best Mother's Day presents a mom can get!!!

Dawson woke me up from a nap, because he was just dying to go to the park. This is what he looked like when he woke me up...
Look past his crazy face, and notice his homemade holsters on the side of his shorts. He made them to hold his Lego guns he has made :). This kid is so creative. He is always giving me a good laugh...

 Gone are the days of cute smiles. He always has to do a silly face now. These are a few of his newest crazy faces that he is constantly pulling to get a laugh out of me.
Daxton is old enough now that he wants to take me to lunch for Mother's Day. Lucky me, I can't wait. I will always take a date with my son.

Needless to say, I am one lucky Mom. I had a great Mother's Day!!! Happy Mother's Day to all those awesome women in my life who are Mother's.

4 comments:

sinika said...

What a fun weekend! I love seeing what the kids write every too- my favorite gifts!

Gossiping... hahaha!

Anonymous said...

You make me want to be a blogger!!! And you make me wish I could have been there with the fam! You are truly amazing...language lessons! Your sissy lizzy

rachel said...

I miss gossiping with you! Wait, I mean, we don't gossip. Wow those kids are growing up, looks like you had a great mother's day. We need to chat again soon, give me a while sometime while you are sitting at the crosswalk!

Erica said...

your family rocks my world for bringing the joy and happiness of duck dynasty into my previous boring and pathetic life. love you all! :)