Monday, May 21, 2012

Daxton's Piñata

May 16, 2012
Daxton had to make a piñata for his Spanish class. They did all the paper mache at school, and then they were suppose to decorate it at home. So he got some crepe paper, and just wrapped it and taped it around his dinosaur. Well, his teacher was not happy with that finished product, and said people who didn't put much effort into the decorating wouldn't get a very good grade. So he brought it back home, and now look at the finished product...
His friend Josh was suppose to work as a team with him, but he had to work. I thought it would be fun to help, so we went to work :). I was thinking how fun it was, and maybe I would start to make piñatas in the car while I was at crossing guard. You know make a little more money while I was working :). Well after about four hours of both Dax and I working on this dino, I decided it was a stupid thought. I don't know how they can sell piñatas for $15. That took for ever, and that was just decorating it. That didn't even include all the paper mâché time :(. Another great Hamilton money making idea down the drain :).
Josh made it over in time to help with the clean up!
That was okay with me, because I had a great time with Dax! I think it turned out pretty awesome. Oh, also he got 100% on this awesome work!!  Thanks for the good times Dax, luv ya!

3 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

That is such a cute pinata!

Brit said...

It turned out awesome! I guess hard work does pay off then! ;)

Becca said...

Great job! It looks so good. I'm not sure I would have had the patience to continue. You're an awesome mom!!