Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy 15th Daxton!!

July 15, 2011
Well it is official, our oldest is now 15 years old. Where has the time gone? Daxton is an amazing son. He is always so considerate of my feelings, and always quick to try to cheer me up when I am sad :). He brings so much joy into our lives.

For his birthday this year, he wanted to go camping up Provo Canyon with a couple of friends so they could long board down the canyon. Unfortunately for Dax, I didn't think he and his friends were old enough to go camping by themselves. Instead, the whole family went camping and two of Daxton's friends. Dax invited Nick and Josh, and they had a lot of fun.

We got up to Nunn's park, and the campsites were full. I was so bummed since this was what Dax really wanted to do. We then drove all over Provo Canyon looking for a spot, but everything was full. I told Dax we would just hang out till late and have a hot dog roast, and then spend the night at Grandma Hamilton's and go back up the canyon first thing in the morning. So we went back to Nunn's Park to picnic. I decided to ask the camp host if we could just camp in the picnicking area, and he said absolutely not. However, a spot had just opened up. It was our lucky day, and Daxton got his birthday wish.
(Josh, Dax and Nick)
These guys had their own tent.
Aren't they awesome without their shirts :).
The Provo river was very high and fast this year. I didn't want anyone near it, but they found a spot that had a calm little area.
Then Nick and Josh came over with their swimsuits :/
I had to inform them they were out of their minds if they thought I was going to let them swim in the river. Sorry guys I am the mean mom!
So Nick just had to get wet...
This picture was courtesy of Dawson, he did such a great job!!
Dawson had so much fun on his scooter. He especially loved it at night, because it is a spark scooter. It was awesome to see the sparks flying in the dark.
Dawson got really excited and said, "Look, it looks like when Jesus comes!". I turned to see these sun rays streaming through the trees. It was so beautiful, and he is right it does look like when Jesus will come. I am impressed that this little 5 year old has a picture in his mind of how it will look when Christ comes :). I love my kids, they are amazing!!
Dave and Brayden spent the afternoon at Weblos Day Camp, so they did not get up to our camp spot until later in the evening. So while the older boys were off long boarding, Jada, Dawson and I took a walk up to Bridal Veil Falls. It was such a pretty walk.
Bridal Veil Falls
I can not believe they actually played in the water,
it was freezing!
Finally Dave and Brayden arrived :)
Don't ask me why this birthday boy looks so happy?
He never smiles for pictures.
Nick, Josh and Dax
They are sooo cool!!
I LOVE these guys,
especially the crazy one in the middle :).
We only opened a few of his presents while we were camping. He got a Beattles cd and two awesome shirts!
Dave and Brayden woke up really early to fish...
Boy does this boy LOVE to fish!
These guys woke up really early to long board some more. Dawson, Jada and I all slept as long as we could. I am not a morning person.
On Daxton's actual birthday, dawson blew up 50 of these tiny water balloon to decorate his room. Dawson was so excited to do this for Dax! What an awesome little brother!!This boy really needs to keep his room cleaner :(

Happy Birthday to my oldest child. Dax you are an amazing person. You have the ability to do anything you put your mind to, and you are extremely talented. I love listening to you play your guitar, and the piano! I know that you are going to do amazing things in your life. I am very sad thinking how very little time we have left with you before you leave on your mission. We need to really enjoy these next couple of years. I love you so much!!

5 comments:

sinika said...

Isn't he seven still? Haha- Happy birthday Daxton!

The Kohler Family said...

Wow, 15! OK, I just have to tell you that you are NOT the mean mom...My stomach cringed just looking at your pictures of the kids by the water. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

rachel said...

Happy Birthday Dax! Wow where has the time gone! Love the pictures! Seriously Dave and Jason should take pictures together... faces in all of them!

Becca said...

I love that the boys were going to go swimming in the river. Your posts crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Sure had fun looking at your pictures and comments. Would it make you feel any safer if I told you I rode the white roller coaster when I was 12? Love Mom