Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy 13th Jada

August 4, 2011
It's official... we now have 2 teenagers in our home :/. Yep, our Jada Babe turned 13! I can not believe how old she is, and might I add how beautiful :). Jada is so fun, and brings us so much happiness. She is the best daughter ever! Jada is so unselfish, and shares everything with her brothers. She and Dawson are the best of friends. Dawsons first choice of people to hang out with is Jada. He would always choose her over his friends. Jada is growing into an amazing young lady, and quite a babysitter!! She is going to make a great mom someday. This is our year for just family parties, so we had cake and presents with Jada on her birthday. The day after we went to Lagoon. Jada has been begging to go there for her birthday.
Everyone has to get in on the candle lighting action...
Ready to make the big wish...
She got them all!!
Dawson was so excited,
he bought Jada a present with his own money :)
Wow... he got her Starbursts,
what an awesome little bro!!
Next in the present line up...
A new bed set, Jada wants to redo her bedroom decor.
Off to Lagoon we go!! However this year we left Brayden and Dawson at home. Brayden hates amusement parks, he does not like how his stomach feels on the rides :(. Also, selfish me thought it would be fun this year to have a break from the little kid area. Next year Dawson will be tall enough to ride most of the rides :). Plus Dawson had a birthday party he really didn't want to miss. So I was pretty excited to spend time with Jada and Dax, and hit all the big rides I have missed for a few (10) years. It was a lot of fun, but I have to admit I really missed Brayden and Dawson. So next I am forcing Brayden to give the rides a try again.
First ride of the day, the Bombora!
Getting ready to ride the White Roller coaster. I think this is the scariest ride in the park since it is so old, but I still love it!
My first time on Wicked :/. I changed my mind... this is the scariest ride in the park! I was screaming so loud. This is one crazy ride!! Just look at this ride, straight up, and straight down...Unfortunately I am getting old, and some of these rides made me a bit sick :(. I love roller coasters, I have to fight age and stay young!!
Cliff Hanger
The Music Express, this ride was new when I was in the ninth grade. Yep, I remember riding it with my boyfriend, ha...ha...!!
Awe... the Sky Ride! Definitely the best ride in the park. Actually maybe not. Once I am up high, high, high, I start thinking of cables snapping, and plummeting to my death! Okay, maybe this is the scariest ride in the park :).
What a good lookin guy!!
The Safari Train, yes, finally this is the best ride in the park. Relaxing, safe, slow!! Yep, this is the best ride :)

We had such a fun time together, Jada made a good choice in her birthday celebrations! Happy Birthday Jada Babe! We love you so much!!

4 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Haha, so funny Melissa...I can relate to you on the rides part. It's a love/hate thing. Happy Birthday Jada!

Elena said...

What a cute girl. As a mom of 4 boys, I'm glad there are sweet girls like that around the neighborhood. As for the sky ride - I hate it. I've only been once and they wouldn't let me go with my two little boys. So, I watched them ahead of me while I continually yelled at them to stay sitting. So, I'm with you.:)

Becca said...

Jada is adorable. Watching your kids grow up is so rewarding and so sad all wrapped up into one big ball. :) I love that her new bedding is so grown-up - it looks like something I would choose.

Kelli said...

Hmmm.... It's always nice to know of another great babysitter in the area! :)
Looks like she had a super awesome birthday!