Friday, June 10, 2011

The Hindu Ceremony

June 5, 2011
Finally, the long awaited Hindu ceremony. It was very long, but neat to see how hindu's perform their wedding ceremonies. It is a very casual atmosphere. They want the kids to be running around and playing. Sure wish Dawson would have done this. Instead he stuck right by my side and threw fits the whole time! Literally the whole time :/. I was very worn out by the end.
The Bride and Mother of the Bride
This was the Bride and her parents part
The Groom and his Uncle
This part of the ceremony the Groom has to apologize to the Brides father for somehow offending the Bride.
My cute Jada Babe, and my cute nephew Taden
She is so beautiful!
The Brides awesome parents!!
Paying their respect to their elders...
My Family!
The father of the Bride was supposed to take his shirt off and chase the Groom. Hmmm.....
What a neat experience to see this Hindu ceremony. Wow... all the festivities are over. Now what will we do with ourselves? I am sure we will find things to keep ourselves going non stop!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow it was amazing...amazingly LONG!!! But amazing all the same! Glad we were there to see a true blue hindu to do! They were all very hospitable to our huge fam dam! thanks to all the indian peeps! we love you all and welcome you with open arms to our beloved family!

Lizzy said...

Above kick a comment was from Lizzy...not missy!!! she couldn't speak so eloquently!!!

Jessica said...

HAHAHA I was thinking that didn't sound like Missy!! You are way more spazy lol Missy I love this blog entry... I am glad all I had to do to make it your blog was a have a 3day wedding! Really though it was awesome to have you all there! There is not a better way to celebrate love than with all ya all. Love you!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.