Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentines 2016

February 11 & 12, 2016

Making Dawson's Valentines box this year was a group effort.  I just started working for Lorrin at his new car dealership, and I am still working my morning crossing guard shift.  So between work and my commute, I am now gone from home 8 hours a day.  Needless to say, by the time I get home all the kids are wanting my attention, and with all the other every day things that come up our house is little by little falling apart.  So tonight as I started my mounds of laundry, Dawson decided that he wanted to make a box for his valentines.  Thank goodness for awesome older kids.  Brayden offered to help him.  Brayden came up with the idea for the box, and made the whole thing with a little help from Jada.  The box turned out amazing!!  I am so grateful for Brayden being willing to do this.  He has no idea how much this helped me.



Brayden was a little frustrated with me for taking so many pics.  He hates pictures.  Not to mention Dawson had a freak out and threatened to destroy the box, as usual he calmed down quickly and apologized and thanked Brayden and Jada for the awesome box.  

 Home from school with a full box of Valentines!!!


Valentines fell on a Sunday this year, so Dawson's school Valentines party was on Friday.  When they were making the box Dawson asked if I would have their big Valentines cookies and treats for them when they got home on Friday.  I told him no because Valentines was really on Sunday.  That did not sit well with him.  He freaked out and informed me it would not be a surprise if I made them while they were at home on Sunday.  He was adamant that I have them ready when he got home from school.  I even tried to help him realize that it wasn't really a surprise any way because he was telling me to make them :).  He was really upset that I wasn't planning on making them till Sunday.  So yes, to make my boy have a happy Valentines, I asked Lorrin if I could leave work a half an hour early to get home and have cookies ready.

Is this cookie big enough???  Ha, ha :)

Jada Babe
17 Years Old

Brady Boy
15 Years Old

Dawson
9 Years Old










Everyone was excited about their cookies!!!

 My cute babies, minus our oldest.
We sure miss Dax, and it was sad not to make four giant cookies this year :(.
I guess I will be happy knowing at this time next year I will be making four!!!
Oh, I guess I should mention that Valentines is a special day this year for more than one reason...
Dax has officially been on his mission in Argentina for 13 months!!!

Dave's poor cookie... It is always smaller than the kids, but this year I ran out of frosting so it doesn't look so great.  However, this is not a reflection of my love for him :).  I have the best husband ever that always shows me how much he loves me.  There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't go out of his way to do kind things for me.  I sure do love him.  I am one lucky lady to have five amazing Valentines.  I love my family so much!!!

No comments: