Saturday, January 18, 2014

We Finally Got Our Real Christmas Tree...

December 5, 2013
Yay, we finally got our real christmas tree!  We usually get it right after Thanksgiving, but with Dax working and bad weather, we had to wait a little.  I love having a real tree in our family room.   I love the smell :).  Each year Dave tries to talk me into just using the fake tree, but I won't!!  I like having the fake tree in the front room, so I can see it every time I drive up to our house :).  I just love Christmas.  I want trees everywhere in our house.
We didn't even leave to get it till 8:15.  
We got a late start, which is usually how this family rolls.  
I was so proud of Dave and the kids for being willing to go get the tree tonight since it was only 6 degrees out.  It has been sooo cold lately.
He is so darn cute!!  I love that he still likes me to take his picture, he loves his hat and wanted some pictures of it :)
Everyone agreed on a tree very quickly this year.  
Probably due to the cold temps :)
These guys where trying to stay warm in the car while Dave and Dax tied the tree to the top...
Ready to get this beauty home...
I am so grateful that Dax is always willing to help Dave get the tree in the stand.  I guess Brayden will have to take over his place next year, since Dax will be on his mission.
In place and ready to be decorated!!
So excited for Christmas!!   

No comments: