Friday, August 24, 2012

Off To Work and Swimming Lessons...

August 17, 2012
All summer long Dawson has been begging to go to work with Dave.  Since this was the last week before school started, and Dave only works till noon on Fridays we decided to let him go.  Dawson also had swimming lessons at noon, so they left work early to take him to swimming.  We packed him a bag with lots of activities and treats, so he wouldn't get bored.  We also gave him money to get some treats out of the vending machine.  He was all hooked up, and so excited to go to work with Dad!!
There they go, bright and early...
Here is Dawson at swimming lessons...
Dawson begged for swimming lessons, and I was a bit reluctant.  We never did swimming lessons with any of the other kids, and they swim great.  He wanted to sooo bad, so we finally gave in.  Then we get there for the first lesson, and Dawson freaks out.  He was clinging to me, and would not let go.  I was so mad, especially since he was the one who begged for these lessons.  I was not about to throw $50 down the drain, so I kept threatening him with everything I could think of.  No video games or friends for a week, no treats for a week, I even threatened him with no Christmas presents.  I know I am such a great Mom, this was definately not one of my finest parenting moments :(.  Finally after missing the first 20 minutes of his first 50 minute class, he hopped in.  He loved it!  I knew he would.
Dawson was awesome.  He is such a great swimmer now!!  I am so proud of him, and I am especially glad that I can still get him Christmas presents :).  Good job buddy!!  Luv ya

2 comments:

sinika said...

That's funny! Let's be honest though- that Dawson is a natural at all sports!!

The Kohler Family said...

Ha! I love that I'm not the only parent that has to threaten their kids!