Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our Amazing Musician!!

October 1, 2009

Our very talented performer!

It is official we have a very talented musician in the family. Daxton and my niece Emily have been taking guitar lessons for almost a year now, and they are doing very well. He had his first gig (ha...ha...), or his first performance. First we started off the night celebrating Dax by going to dinner at Panda Express. Our kids love that restaurant. I guess just because I am picky, doesn't mean our kids have to be. Then we were off to Daxtons performance. His teacher is awesome and had Dax and my niece Emily perform at an open Blues Night in Spanish Fork. It is at the Boothe Brothers Music Theater. The first Thursday of each month they open it up to the public to play. They have a house band that plays for the first 45 min., then anyone who wants can take a turn.

Dax concentrating hard on his performance :)

I could tell that Dax was very nervous, but I have never seen him so excited. He could not wait. It was so fun to watch him. His teacher played with him, and they got someone for the audience to come and play the bass and drums for them. It sounded awesome. I could not believe that Dax had the courage to get up there. I don't think I would have, especially at his age. I was sad that I could not get very good pictures.


Daxton said that he messed up a little bit, but I could not tell. I guess that is one good thing about blues music, you can pretty much just do anything you want and it still sounds great!! Daxton was even more excited that he got to do all of this with one of his very favorite cousins Emily. We love Emily. She did an awesome job on her performance as well.

This is a picture of Emily on stage even though you can barely see her :(

Two happy cousins, feeling good about their performances!!
It went so well they both agreed they want to go back and play together :)

I just have to say how great their teacher Ethan is!! He really does a great job with these kids, and is an excellent teacher. Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to help these two have such a great performance :) It was an awesome night!!

Dax, Ethan (the best guitar teacher ever), and Emily :)

Here is video footage of Daxtons performance. I could not get the camera to work till the very end :) Needless to say it is a very short clip. Hope you enjoy!!


I just want dax to know how proud we are of him. He really is getting very good at guitar. It is well worth the money spent to see him excel in guitar. We love you so much buddy!! Keep up the good work!

4 comments:

sinika said...

That is so cool Melissa! I just think it's a good idea to perform like that- so they can see how it is to play in a band. Sounds like a garage band is coming to your garage sometime soon! :)

The Kohler Family said...

What a talented family you have!!

Nielson said...

How fun for him! Should I get his autograph now??? :)

Unknown said...

yes, yes you should......just kidding