Thursday, May 7, 2009

Homemade Pajamas

Well, we finally have proof of what a bad mom I am, and what a great homemaker Jada will be. Jada received a sewing machine from Santa for Christmas. Along with the sewing machine was some cute material, and thread. I am sure Santa had in mind that Jadas mom would help her learn to use her sewing machine right away. If you can believe it, it's now been almost 5 months since Christmas, and her sewing machine has yet to been used. I guess Santa didn't realize what a bad mom I am. We had plans to make some pajama bottoms out of the material Santa left. I waited so long to help Jada, that the other day while I was out and about I received a call from Jada. She stated that she was making her pajama bottoms. I said, "Jada, you don't know how to use your sewing machine?" She said, "that's okay mom, I am going to sew them by hand". I agreed to let her proceed. I was totally surprised to come home and find a completely finished pair of pajama bottoms. Jada is amazing! Also very creative. Here are some pictures of her finished product!!
Jada loves to wear Dads t-shirts to bed, so here she is modeling her new pajamas in Dads T.The finished product!!

This is a close up of her beautiful hand stitching!

This is my amazing daughter! :) Why wait around for your mom when you can do a better job on your own. Jada is very creative, and loves to make things. Unfortunately for her, her mom is not as creative and very slow at getting around to doing anything. Anyway, yes we are going to put her sewing machine to good use soon. She has a project for school to make a quilt. So we got the material yesterday, and we are going to make a doll quilt by Wednesday, May 13. Wish us luck!!

I just want to say what a wonderful daughter Jada is. I love her so much, and I know she will be an amazing mom some day!! Love ya Jada Babe :)

8 comments:

sinika said...

Hehe! Those are so cute! I made a pair of overalls out of red fabric for my teddy bear when I was little. I didn't have a pattern or anything- just started sewing!

P.S. Can I come to the Wicky Bash 2010?

The Kohler Family said...

That is so cute and quite amazing! I do have to say that Jada's hand stitched jammies are way better than anything I could ever do!!..and dont feel bad, I've had my sewing machine for 6 years and have never used it!! Can you come help me too??? :)

Charlotte said...

Those are awesome! We got a sewing machine for Christmas this year and I still need to sit down and figure out how to make some item! One of these days soon hopefully! Good luck with yours this week!

Nielson said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Way to go Jada! And by the way, you are a fantastic mom :) Last I heard, knowing how to sew is not a requirement :)

Anonymous said...

so cute...and smart! don't beat yourself up. rylee got her sewing machine last may for her birthday and it was about 4 or 5 months before we pulled it out and did anything with it. i'm still smiling about her cute jammies! she sounds like a go-getter!

Amy said...

Wow, way to go Jada! The pj's are so cute! Good luck with the quilt. What a fun mother-daughter project.

Trecia said...

Oh my gosh Melissa! She is so creative--I secretly hope to get a pair too!! ANd do you think Wendy would start the "WickY Bash at my house too?? Just wondering

PS I just love your family

scott, natalie and kids said...

That is awesome! Go Jada!